Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:23 pm

Hi arsiu0102-

Sure.

I have been using this forwarding service for many years.

In fact, I am using this service now, to ship a new purchase from Germany, on to our son in California, USA. Note that as part of this service, the items are received for you in Konstanz, inspected there, and then posted on to the address of your choosing, anywhere in the world.

Adressierung Innenstadt Adressierung Industriegebiet
Ihr Vorname & Ihr Nachname Ihr Vorname & Ihr Nachname

c/o Mandy Klein c/o Mandy Klein
Bahnhofstr. 6 Opelstrasse.3
78462 Konstanz 78467 Konstanz

Tel.CH : +41 76 253 1955 + 41 76 755 7280
Tel. D : +49 7531 2821345 + 49 7531 8071426

Preise, Registrierungsformular und Informationen finden Sie immer unter

www.Lieferadresse-Konstanz.de

Abholung von 09-20 Uhr Montag bis Samstag. Sonntag mache ich frei.

Beachten Sie bitte die Lagerfristen auf der Homepage unter der Preisliste !

One can click on the English tab in the website, or use a translator program. However both Mandy and Frank Klein are fluent English speakers.

I hope this is helpful towards a new Rimowa or LH Rimowa purchase.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:58 am

Hi, I am planning to buy a Salsa Air from koffer24 and have it shipped to London where I will be attending a conference. Before I proceeded to checkout, I note a 20% tax has been charged (assuming it is 20% VAT). Can I get a VAT refund at Heathrow as the luggage will be flying out with me. Will the VAT refund personnel accept the online invoice?

Does anyone have a discount coupon? I intend to buy early October as will be in mid October.

Thanks so much.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Jetcruzr
Rimowa looks sexy, but Zero Halliburton aluminum is more rugged (because it is heavier, weight = strength, all things being equal).
I hope that you're not a scientist
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Is there a way to combine koffer-direkt's cheap prices AND a VAT refund?

Thought:
* Order online, ship to hotel
* Take to customs to get VAT refund when departing EU.

Has anyone been successful?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie

Thought:

If you paid VAT, then simply use receipt to claim refund when leaving the EU.

It's more likely that while ordering, you don't pay it so there shouldn't be anything to refund.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by padregusmao
I'll have to revise my earlier point of view.

I ended up ordering a salsa deluxe to SIN. Paid via paypal. Arrived in ~10 days. I ended up saving ~$130 compared to Canadian retail, and much more compared to prices in SIN. Thanks for the 15% code, Germandude.

Nice looking case. Looking forward to road testing it in a couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by savage2k
I placed an order from SIN (Salsa Hybrid Business Multiwheel), also paid by PayPal. Got an email just hours after payment said my order was cancelled.

Is there anything else I must do?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by padregusmao
Sounds like the same thing I did so I'm not sure why your order was cancelled and mine went through. Reading through this thread there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in people's success ordering from them. You could always just try again? Mind you, they do say on their website that they don't ship Rimowa to Singapore so it's really a bonus if you get it to work.

I visited the Rimowa store in SG after ordering from Koffer direkt and the same item was >$500 more in the store. Retail prices in Canada are much more competitive.
Any update on using the PayPal method ?
Does this still work ?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:06 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone has experience with having an acquaintance sending over a rimowa cabin trolly or a simular sized suitcase.
I have some friends living in the Netherlands. They are willing to send me a Rimowa cabin trolly to Kuala Lumpur (which I btw pay for myself unfortunately).

Hope someone has some usefull information for me.

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by YYCOllie

Thought:

Exactly what you need to do... just make sure to ask koffer-direkt to include VAT paperwork. They refund directly to your credit card so that gets you more $ back than Global Blue for instance.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:34 am

Technically, one has to be in Germany physically to make a purchase and then apply for the VAT refund.

If the purchase is made, and one travels to Germany, that item needs to be taken out physically from Germany for the VAT rebate to apply. Either you make the purchase yourself, or have it delivered to your hotel or German residence, you must still take the item with you physically out of Germany, according to the law.

The VAT is specifically not eligible for refund if you make the purchase, and then post or ship the same item out of Germany to your home or business.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by infinii
If you paid VAT, then simply use receipt to claim refund when leaving the EU.

It's more likely that while ordering, you don't pay it so there shouldn't be anything to refund.
But you don't get 19% of the VAT off, only 10-11% IIRC because Global Blue takes the rest
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Swissaire
Technically, one has to be in Germany physically to make a purchase and then apply for the VAT refund.

If the purchase is made, and one travels to Germany, that item needs to be taken out physically from Germany for the VAT rebate to apply. Either you make the purchase yourself, or have it delivered to your hotel or German residence, you must still take the item with you physically out of Germany, according to the law.

The VAT is specifically not eligible for refund if you make the purchase, and then post or ship the same item out of Germany to your home or business.
I will be in Berlin for a while next month and would have plenty of time to shop around for my desired Topas.
Would you recommend I order and pay online with the VAT refund handled on my way out (claim at the airport ?), or visit a local store that takes care of the VAT refund ?

I remember the last time I left thru TXL that there was a tax-free luggage shop airside with a large collection of RIMOWA, but I was in a hurry and did not pay much attention to the prices.
Would it make sense to check out a tax-free shop like that ?
I'm kinda reluctant about buying on my way out, since there's no comparison shopping possible any longer and it would be my last resort until my return to Germany.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:33 am

Yes, I would suggest comparative shopping in town, if you have time, and not pre-pay.

The fact is most travelers don't have the time to do this, especially those in transit. Aside from LH Worldshops, the stores carrying Rimowa and other luggage products at the airports are hardly bargain locations. Aside from the rare sale, they serve the need to supply luggage quickly to travelers, but at great premium, as you mention being the " last resort " shop before departure.

I would take the time to shop around, find what you like, and then negotiate on your terms. Become familiar with the various Rimowa models, so that you don't have buyer's remorse as a distraction. Focus on the Rimowa or LH Worldshop product you want, and it's features.

Don't be rushed, and if necessary, take a day or two to decide before your purchase.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:33 am

Has anyone purchased from koffer-direct in Germany, received this form and known what to do in order to remove the duty?

The form is titled (Ausfuhr- und Abnehmerbescheinigung für Umsatzsteuerzwecke bei Ausfuhren im nichtkommerziellen Reiseverkehr)

My understanding is
* I need to get the form custom stamped
* I need to send koffer-direct the form back
* They then refund the VAT on my credit card.

Has anyone else done this successfully?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Swissaire
Yes, I would suggest comparative shopping in town, if you have time, and not pre-pay.

The fact is most travelers don't have the time to do this, especially those in transit. Aside from LH Worldshops, the stores carrying Rimowa and other luggage products at the airports are hardly bargain locations. Aside from the rare sale, they serve the need to supply luggage quickly to travelers, but at great premium, as you mention being the " last resort " shop before departure.

I would take the time to shop around, find what you like, and then negotiate on your terms. Become familiar with the various Rimowa models, so that you don't have buyer's remorse as a distraction. Focus on the Rimowa or LH Worldshop product you want, and it's features.

Don't be rushed, and if necessary, take a day or two to decide before your purchase.
Thank you so much for all your great advise !
You addressed exactly the points I raised and I now feel much more comfortable shopping around and taking my sweet time.
I know i.e. that Kaufhof sells Rimowa and German is like my second mother-tongue (it usually takes a day plus a few glasses of wine and my American accent might be gone )- so I imagine it should be fun to check who sells what for the best price negotiatiable and make it my mission
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:51 pm

My pleasure, Travelomania.

When you can, keep us posted on your experiences and your Rimowa choice, at least on this trip. Rimowa is a very good investment and there might be more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.