Reload this Page >

Men's Leather Briefcase Recommendation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Men's Leather Briefcase Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by wolf539
Agreed; there is no substitute for real world use.

Does anyone have any personal experience with Frank Clegg cases? More specifically the English Briefcase?

Thanks!
Yes, I bought a new one from him three years ago. It has never been used.
If anyone is interested, please PM.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:17 am

any of these lighter/thinner than others?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:21 pm

try this one.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/b...ptop-briefcase
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Mellonc
I have a sadly discontinued Waterfield bag, and I love the thing. Well made and designed to wear
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:57 pm

Col Littleton

I was able to purchase a Col Littleton #1 Saddlebag and as a frequent flyer, I find it the perfect leather briefcase traveler. Made in Tennessee.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by nmpls
I have a sadly discontinued Waterfield bag, and I love the thing. Well made and designed to wear

I have multiple discontinued models as well. They are incredibly high quality and the customer service is great. I've been buying things from them for around 20 years and never disappointed. There have been various posts about them here on FT, you can probably find them with a search for Waterfield of sfbags. I am lusting after their new leather briefcase a bit.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, BAEC, M&M
Recently got Carl Friedrik (1 month in) so far pretty happy and positively surprised. Only bad experience was shipping, because they have no physical locations this should be a major investment point for them - almost made me regret the purchase even a week after receiving it. The Palissy briefcase is good though.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by TrekJohnC
Hello fellow travelers,

It's time for me to get a new case, and I've narrowed my search to Maxwell Scott, Briggs & Riley, Saddlebags, Tumi. My preference is leather, for personal reasons. Based on the posts on this site, I gravitated to the Tumi Alpha, and am about to settle on Tumi's 96160 - Large Expandable Leather Organizer.......
Time to update Leather Briefcase Recommendations as many of the recommendations in this thread have broken links and suggested products are no longer being produced. Also, I wanted to quote TrekJohnC (3 posts in 2013) to see if he's still paying attention and find out what he bought.

My latest Tumi just didn't last as long as I expected, so I'm looking for the same type of recommendation Trek asked for almost nine years ago. I've been looking at Tecovas (wish they had more styles); Satchel & Page; Tumi Alpha Bravo (looks nice but I wonder about the quality). I carry a MacBook Pro and charger, headphones and various travel items. I'm looking for somewhat high end (not as high as Ghurka), but under $1000.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When someone I know wants a vintage-style leather briefcase, sometimes the best thing to get is a used/"used" "vintage" briefcase affiliated with one of the major "high-end" brands of the time. In doing so, I encountered someone who used to scour for old Ballys ones or something like that around 20 years ago, kept them for use or who knows what and then sold them for about 4-8 times their purchase price in more recent times.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
When someone I know wants a vintage-style leather briefcase, sometimes the best thing to get is a used/"used" "vintage" briefcase affiliated with one of the major "high-end" brands of the time. In doing so, I encountered someone who used to scour for old Ballys ones or something like that around 20 years ago, kept them for use or who knows what and then sold them for about 4-8 times their purchase price in more recent times.
Personally, I'm not much on used or vintage. Was hoping to get some recommendations on current product lines.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
Time to update Leather Briefcase Recommendations as many of the recommendations in this thread have broken links and suggested products are no longer being produced. Also, I wanted to quote TrekJohnC (3 posts in 2013) to see if he's still paying attention and find out what he bought.

My latest Tumi just didn't last as long as I expected, so I'm looking for the same type of recommendation Trek asked for almost nine years ago. I've been looking at Tecovas (wish they had more styles); Satchel & Page; Tumi Alpha Bravo (looks nice but I wonder about the quality). I carry a MacBook Pro and charger, headphones and various travel items. I'm looking for somewhat high end (not as high as Ghurka), but under $1000.

Any ideas?
Thanks, and I agree. I really like the Satchel & Page.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:45 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Berluti Deux Jours

For anyone thinking about getting the Berluti Deux Jours, I would highly recommend it as a travel briefcase. I got the traditional dark tobacco stained without the Scritto design, and have traveled with it since December. It wears well, and has great functionality for a business person. This is one of the only few luxury briefcases that have a built in trolley strap, as most go towards aesthetics without much function for travelers. Knowing that Berluti falls under LVMH, I personally chose it as its bit less loud, in design, than other brands.

I can fit the new 16 inch MacBook Pro, portable power strip, pens, passports, and work documents without issues.

Tips:
I would highly recommend the Paris shop, as their customer service is phenomenal.
I would highly recommend getting the in-house Berluti tobacco brown wax during purchase, to help polish the briefcase and for scuff marks. This is the native color for the briefcase, and other brands will be difficult to match. I had a difficult time trying to figure out which polish to use, and Berluti North America was not helpful; my original Parisian sales representative got me the polish required.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:24 pm

I can vouch for Satchel & Page. I am surprised at the storage space, it was much more than I expected. I am impressed with the construction.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by AltaBound
I can vouch for Satchel & Page. I am surprised at the storage space, it was much more than I expected. I am impressed with the construction.
I was undecided on which S&P bag (bulky vs. travel benefits of larger bag). S&P suggested buy both, return one. I've decided to keep both, as the Councelor is great for travel and the Founder is great for round-town.
AltaBound likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
I was undecided on which S&P bag (bulky vs. travel benefits of larger bag). S&P suggested buy both, return one. I've decided to keep both, as the Councelor is great for travel and the Founder is great for round-town.
😀I did that with Mont Blanc. One briefcase is so large it can be used as a weekend bag, so I got a small one too.
txpenny likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.