Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone have any experience with the NEW Andiamo Classico carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have any experience with the NEW Andiamo Classico carry-on

It seems Andiamo has made a comeback. Has anyone used or seen their new line in person? Looks like a solid carry-on.

Andiamo Classico

Andiamo Classico
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:21 pm

I received my Classico last week. First, the Classico has a interior volume of 35 liters not 48 as was described previously on their website and many reviews that I call as “suspect”. It’s fairly well made, about right for the price point. If you are expecting Rimowa Topas quality you will be disappointed. I don’t like the fact that the locks protrude and are entirely made of plastic (albeit there is a aluminum guard around them). The interior looks nice from afar but it feels a bit cheap, again understandable at the price point but better than the $150 Samsonite junk you see at department stores. The handles are some sort of rigid plastic, they feel good. The wheels are smooth and seem quiet. It’s a bit on the heavy side. It feels almost as heavy as my 32” Rimowa Topas which is a huge case. In terms of overall quality, like I mentioned it’s about right for the price point as the Rimowa salsa is without a doubt better built. This occupies the space between cheap luggage and entry level good luggage. Nothing more nothing less.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone had anymore input on this suitcase? It is on my shortlist of bags for a new carryon. I am not a fan of the locks or the hyper-shiny exterior (I hate to see what this would look like after a few trips), but I am digging the 70/30 split and the lid that can be propped up. It takes care of one of my biggest irks about hard-sided luggage -- the ability to use a luggage stand!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Independent
I am a bit concerned about the strut - I can see a lot of potential problems there. It also looks like it prevents the top from being open past 90 degrees - not a fan of that.

Otherwise it looks very much like the Aleon case, but with a USB charger and a heck of a lot cheaper.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Looks very good from the description and pics. One caveat... I was a very long time Andiamo Valoroso user, many, many business miles with both a ballistic garment bag with marine hardware that I still have and a 22 inch roller that was a fantastic piece of luggage. However, when they 'temporarily' went out of business and then came back, I asked them about the lifetime warranty work on my roller that needed repair. They told me... WE NO LONGER HONOR THAT! Really? Same company name, basing their reputation on past luggage successes and they couldn't honor a warranty? They never even offered me a discount on their new designs. Just be careful with the company!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.