Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scottevest product quality problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:36 am

check out their web site

Originally Posted by AJollyLife
I just wish ScottEVest had better high quality, stylish options. I've been a *long* time customer (since 2004), and wish they created more special edition, leather jackets.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I love their designs, I have a couple of jackets, a fleece, and some miscellaneous other things from them. They all started showing signs of wear a lot sooner than I thought they should and look pretty ratty now. I've also found the zippers to be a problem and I've had a couple of them fail completely. I won't be buying any more.
Yea. I got several of their items a few years ago. After my experience with the zippers and reading what others found when it came to get a new soft shell last month I went with Marmot. The extra pockets aren't as important to me as the overall quality.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:08 am

I really, really want to buy one of their ladies coats for colder weather but I can't justify spending close to $200 on a coat that will fail. After reading all these complaints I'm not too thrilled.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:14 pm

I bought the Scottevest sport coat some years ago. I never liked the way it looked and because of the pockets you can really do much in the way alterations. It just looked cheap and the lack of any vent really added to that. I wore it traveling for a while hoping I'd get more used to it but I never did. Now it's just been hanging in my closet for ages.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:20 am

I have used my scottevest a couple of times...and I also noticed the front zipper being a little squirrelly. I had a local seamstress replace the original zipper with a new YKK zipper. Problem solved. Total cost $8. I am now good to go.^
Old May 24, 2014, 1:08 pm

I wish my problem was a front zipper. I can fix that myself.
It is all those little zippers in the pockets that are broken.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Any updated thoughts on the products in this space?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Apparently not.

We have some of the original Scottevest items that are still useable. The basic designs are good, but much has changed in the world of electronics.

I keep looking at the emails they send out, but am not inspired to buy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.