Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

I love my Rimowa Salsa Deluxe IATA Multiwheel - what's next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

I purchased a Salsa Deluxe IATA multiwheel in early January and have used it extensively... I'm converted to Rimowa for the forseaable future by this experience.

I am thinking about getting two more pieces - a business trolley/multiwheel and a 26" check in.

1) Is the business trolley or multiwheel more practical? It seems that people prefer the trolley in this size (though I love the multiwheel action on my Salsa Deluxe)

2) Should I get an aluminimum model (Topas or even the new Classic Flight) for the 26" model? Is there a long term benefit over the Salsa Deluxe polycarbonate?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
They are nice, but the new locks are very easy to change the combination on them by mistake, I've had to run through the numbers 3-4 times now, the lock on my 4 year old Salsa is much better and I've never accidentally changed the combo.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I purchased a Salsa Deluxe IATA multiwheel in early January and have used it extensively... I'm converted to Rimowa for the forseaable future by this experience.

I am thinking about getting two more pieces - a business trolley/multiwheel and a 26" check in.

1) Is the business trolley or multiwheel more practical? It seems that people prefer the trolley in this size (though I love the multiwheel action on my Salsa Deluxe)

2) Should I get an aluminimum model (Topas or even the new Classic Flight) for the 26" model? Is there a long term benefit over the Salsa Deluxe polycarbonate?

Thanks
My only Rimowa is also a Salsa DLX and it is a trolley. I like it a lot but can understand the multiwheel being pretty neat. I feel 2 wheels might be better on uneven sidewalks or carpeting. I have a 2-wheeled Tumi business case and it works when I sling a garment bag on top. I don't know if that would work as well with a multi. Maybe someone else has experience with that. If adding another bag is something you would do, that is.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:15 pm

Rimowa Topaz non-IATA "wide body"

Anyone have this? Ever forced to check it? I'm looking to get one soon. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.