Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Tom Bihn navy Western Flyer

Old Apr 11, 13, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC

Looking for someone who owns the navy version of the Western Flyer, for an idea of the true color.

I already own the Western Flyer with the "rolling luggage handle pocket", in Forest exterior/Solar Dyneema interior. Absolutely love the bag. After a year, it is starting to show a tiny bit of wear.

I travel entirely last minute and, for various reasons (broken zipper usually), occasionally have to switch to replacement bag just before walking out the door. So, yes , I do have a small collection of new "back-up" bags in the closet, and would like to add a Western Flyer to the shelf.

My problem is, they currently don't have the Forest or Steel exterior available. I lean to slightly unique (i.e., not black), more subtle (i.e., not red (Cardinal), purple (Aubergine) or patterned (Steel Dyneema)) exteriors. Prefer a neutral interior, but that matters less. For what it's worth, I'm 50ish and would rather blend into the crowd than stand-out.

Currently, that leaves me with navy as the only option for version of the Western Flyer with rolling luggage handle pocket. Or another, similar bag out there to consider?

Have considered back-pack straps, but just don't know if I want to mess with two straps, with "tails", as opposed to one shoulder strap.

Thanks,
Doris
Old Apr 11, 13, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF CL
My TriStar is Navy and from your description of preference I'd say it would be a suitable colour. It is understated and conservative but still somehow has a beautiful richness and depth of colour at the same time. It's one of my favourite Tom Bihn colours.
Old Apr 11, 13, 6:09 pm

I love that handle (baghoarder)!

Too bad the Western Flyer isn't still available in Steel. I've considered the bag but don't want another black bag; steel (not dyneema) would be my first choice.
Old Apr 20, 13, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
I just received my new Tom Bihn Western Flyer in Navy. You were right, it is a very nice, deep navy. Not at all garish. Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread