Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Lumos Smart Sleep Mask

Lumos Smart Sleep Mask

Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Lumos Smart Sleep Mask

This company is planning to make a $175 sleep mask to combat jet lag. They're not taking any money but you can put your name on their email list. Any opinions about this gadget?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Only 2+ years later and the mask has arrived; gotta love crowdfunding. The marketing is significantly slicker than the product itself. They claim to have an app but there's only a beta version that requires running an Apple development environment. There are lots of testimonials on the Lumos site about the wonderfulness of the product, but zero product documentation, best practices, etc. The straps on back of the mask are akin to something you'd get in an amenity kit in business class. They're OK, but they seem pretty cheapo for a $175 product. It's all a bit frustrating.

In their defense, I haven't used the product yet. I tried to on my last trip but it turns out the concept is to use the mask day(s?) before the flight to prepare yourself for the time change. My plan is try and figure out how it works before my next trip to Europe. If so, I'll report back with a more substantive review.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:42 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I'm not paying that much for a sleep mask. I use: https://www.tempurpedic.com/other-pr...ep-mask/v/797/ and have for maybe 10 years now. It is the best eye mask I've ever used in almost 30 years of travel.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Different use case. The Lumos mask will supposedly help you adjust to a different time zone. That being said, the one you linked to looks more comfy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.