Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

suggest under seat rollon/spinner bag for international grandma?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I have a grandparent who has a bad back and travels between the u.s. and china. I'm looking for a durable, light 4 wheeled spinner they could just conveniently push with hopes to avoid stressing their back while going through the airports. It would also be helpful it its small enough to fit under neat the seat without having to depend on a flight attendant to load it into their overhead bin.

I found a decent on by baggalini but I'm wondering if anyone has better suggestions. thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:48 am

Try searching for Briggs Riley TUC115 (Transcend). Probably the best value for the money. It fits under seats of international carriers "most of the time.". There are exceptions on some seats as configurations with electronic equipments sometimes gets in the way. Briggs makes a more expensive version of this bag but it's just a tiny but thicker which may or may not work for your grandma.

Oh, and the reason why I recommend this roller over a spinner the low center of gravity of these bags. There is virtually no additional weight on your hand due to very low center of gravity on these tiny bags. No need for a spinner here. Even for a grandma.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:32 pm

My sister has this and really likes it:
http://www.ebags.com/brand/baggallin...hdr_srch_as_l1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the suggestion on the roller however the purpose of having the spinner is so its easier to just push rather than pull. ideally it would be also easier to set things on top or hang your coat from the handle while minimizing the possibility of toppling over. the other advantage of a spinner is its easier to push down the aisle of a plane as opposed to pulling a small roller. The roller tends to get caught into aisle seats, bump into people, and such--causing annoying congestion during the boarding and unboarding process.. a spinner seems to have better control in this situation.

I wish rimowa made a 4 wheeled underseat bag but there doesn't seem to be one that exists.. yet
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:22 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure what carrier / plane / cabin your grandparents sit in most of the time....
but the Delsey "Helium" carry-on seems to be fairly slim and should be able to fit under most seats.

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:27 am

This Travelsmith 360 is very highly rated, it is an under seat carryon spinner. They have it in several colors and finishes.

http://www.travelsmith.com/360-degre...=&listIndex=30

I have Travelon's version, it does fit under the seat of most planes, it however is not a spinner.

http://www.travelsmith.com/travelon-...e=&listIndex=3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.