Where to find *2 wheel* Rimowa Salsa 26"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to find *2 wheel* Rimowa Salsa 26"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Does any one know what exactly does the interior of the Lufthansa AirLight Collection (note that this is the 2-wheel model) look like?

The are no internal pictures listed in the Lufthansa WorldShop - Catalogue Overview (page 62, see below, #2 and #5).

The catalog describes the internal setup as "...The features include a removable mesh packing divider, double-sided cross strap and shoe, laundry and shirt bags (except for 1 + 6)...". Yes, I know the description does indicate "cross strap", but I just want to confirm that the Lufthansa AirLight Collection is just a rebranded version of the old Rimowa Salsa and as such it contains the same old "X straps".

I assume the Lufthansa AirLight Collection is the Lufthansa branded Rimowa Salsa. The new Rimowa Salsa has an interior looking like this (note the interior is not the "X straps"):

Below is an example of what the interior of the old 2-wheel Rimowa Salsa look like (you can see the "X-straps"):

Similar situation also with the 2-wheel version of the Lufthansa Alu Collection which is Lufthansa branded version of the Rimowa Topas, the description in the catalog (page 72) is exactly clear :

The new (multi-wheel) Rimowa Topas has an interior looking like this

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:37 pm

It is clear here, or at least it would seem so.

The German LH online catalogue for the Airlight collection reveals the dividers to be mesh inserts with a central strap running down the center. Again, only one velcro-sewn strap.

Double-sided refers to the fact that the strap secures against both sides of the mesh insert to pull it in, with the velcro holding it taut.

Take a look again at the catalogue, specifically the Airlight case in blue. The illustration shows the dark mesh dividers, one of which has a folded shirt etc. inside.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swissaire
It is clear here, or at least it would seem so.

The German LH online catalogue for the Airlight collection reveals the dividers to be mesh inserts with a central strap running down the center. Again, only one velcro-sewn strap.

Double-sided refers to the fact that the strap secures against both sides of the mesh insert to pull it in, with the velcro holding it taut.

Take a look again at the catalogue, specifically the Airlight case in blue. The illustration shows the dark mesh dividers, one of which has a folded shirt etc. inside.
Is the interior of the AirLight Collection (page 62) the same as the interior of the AirLight Premium Collection (page 65)

Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:26 pm

I have a Rimowa/Salsa 26" 2-Wheeler for sale. [ Dimensions: 26"x17.7"x9.8" 7.3lbs ]
I also prefer a 2 wheeler, but rarely use this one as it's too small for longer trips. I put ut up for sale - its been a bit difficult due to the 2 wheels - But interestingly enough it was NOT because they prefer 4 wheels, but because it's rare and therefore they question the authenticity. I had no idea there were counterfeits, but that shouldnt have surprised me.
In any case, if anyone is interested, PM. Posting it on ebay soon. CL hasnt been working out so great.Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.