Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backpack that I can get on regional jet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Backpack that I can get on regional jet

Hello all. I've been looking for a travel backpack that I can put a 17" laptop in with a few odds and ends to keep me enterained on trips and get it on a regional jet without having to bag check it. Additionally have the backpack be able to expand enough to carry the laptop, gym clothes, running shoes, water bottle, lunch, technical book or two, etc once I got to my destination. Last but not least, be confortable enough to wear on short hikes if I get the urge to go see the great outdoors. I keep thinking that I'm asking too much here but hopefully someone else has had the same issues I have. Oh, and budget is always a factor with the missus. so under $150 would be helpful. Thank you.

Last edited by gmgb; Dec 21, 2012 at 12:06 pm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
My Red Oxx Sky Train fits fine in the overheads of regional jets and it is probably too large for your needs. I wouldn't worry about size.

I'll let others make specific backpack recommendations but REI has a good selection, many sub $150.

Good Luck
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:14 pm

The Goruck GR1 is an outstanding bag with a slim profile that would work. But, it does cost much more than $150. On the other hand, it U.S. made and with a lifetime warranty. See: https://www.goruckgear.com/gear/details/GR1
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
I fly RJ's (and R props) all the time. I really swear by the High Sierra Swerve pack (and it does fit both on top and underneath the seat). It has enough space for a couple of laptop computers, a very large mid part (you can easily put your gear there) and another couple pockets. Very good construction and materials and will not break the bank. ebags has them < $30 (but in ugly fabrics, so look around, unless your like that.) It is very comfortable. I routinely travel with around 20+ lbs (2 laptops, plus paper, plus plus) in it and it has been fine to carry.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
eBags TLS weekender full-size or "short" version are inexpensive alternatives.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
I've been using the Swiss Pegasus for a couple years now. Holds my Alienware M17x (huge!) and the other assorted tonnage just fine. Fits above on CRJ-200s just fine. Hang the water bottle outside with a carabiner.

I do use the Grid-Its to keep everything from falling to the bottom and bunching up.

@IflyfromABE ~ I miss ABE... <sniff>
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Materdei
My Red Oxx Sky Train fits fine in the overheads of regional jets and it is probably too large for your needs. I wouldn't worry about size.
Second on the Sky Train. The Air Boss does as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.