Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travelpro Warranty – claims un-repairable

Travelpro Warranty – claims un-repairable

Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
I only purchase Briggs & Riley!!!
TravelPro warranty is the only thing in question with their product line. It's so unreliable that I was in line with a 22" yesterday, second from cashier and left the line and the 22" there and walked out of the store. I said to myself, the warranty is useless, they always question their own product. Briggs or Tumi when on special from now on.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
TravelPro warranty is the only thing in question with their product line. It's so unreliable that I was in line with a 22" yesterday, second from cashier and left the line and the 22" there and walked out of the store. I said to myself, the warranty is useless, they always question their own product. Briggs or Tumi when on special from now on.
Tumi's warranty is worse than TP's
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:42 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
For luggage, I think you go big or go home. Either buy something expensive with an airtight warranty, or buy a succession of cheap bags without warranty. The mid-range isn't the best space to be in.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
For luggage, I think you go big or go home. Either buy something expensive with an airtight warranty, or buy a succession of cheap bags without warranty. The mid-range isn't the best space to be in.
I agree with this.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:41 pm

I only had one TravelPro bag, the telescopic handle broke on first trip with a medium load. Lifting the bag with the side grab handle resulted in said handle breaking a few minutes later. I didn't even bother with the warranty.

Last edited by MtlChris; Dec 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by vbrief
I only wish I had read these posts before I bought my TravelPro Platinum bag. I am a victim of their warranty games.
Same here. What is the username of Travelpro rep ?

I have a bag that was probably only used 20 times and handle broke - I expected reasonable customer service given what I paid for the bag - and it is a Platinum bag.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Kirkland luggage at Costco. No need to look any further.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Delawaredave2
Same here. What is the username of Travelpro rep ?
TravelproLuggage, I believe
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1120A
TravelproLuggage, I believe
Considering that there is a post by the rep in this thread, it doesn't take a Mensa member to figure it out.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by vbrief
I only wish I had read these posts before I bought my TravelPro Platinum bag. I am a victim of their warranty games.

Same here. Both the top and side handle on my TP Carry-on broke (I travel rather infrequently) - the screws actually pulled out of the plastic. They were a huge pain to deal with for repair, and I ended up just repairing myself with some screws and plastic snap covers from Home Depot which got me through a few years.

This past weekend I just tossed it in the garbage and sprung for the Tumi Alpha International Wheeled Office.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Did the TP rep resolve the issue?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Did the TP rep resolve the issue?
Resolve which issue? The last post in this thread has the guy throwing it in the garbage.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Resolve which issue? The last post in this thread has the guy throwing it in the garbage.
The original post came from travelmike. The travel pro rep reached out to him. It would be nice to know what became of all that.

BTW, I'm in the "buy a series of cheap bags" camp. My current cheap bag has lasted 6 years of travel as a carry on (while being checked against my will a few times), so I'm financially well ahead of the game. My Delsey Helium certainly doesn't impress anyone, but since I don't know anyone on the plane or in the hotel lobby, I really couldn't care less.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
I had the same experience with my TravelPro bag.

Right after buying in line skate wheels to replace the inferior TP ones, and installing them, the handle extends and won't go back in.

While trying to get the handle out, I notice all the small plastic pieces in the bottom of the bag, just like the OP did.

Called and was told purchasing a new bag would be cheaper.

Looking at Briggs and Riley now. Also got 2 bags from stopoverstore.com.

Will never buy TravelPro again.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:39 pm

My crew 8 just went in the trash. I had the handle repaired twice, which lasted about a week each time, and the corners were shredded down to the cable. It is a particularly bad handle design. Coworker had the same failure with the crew 8 model, both of us after about 2 years weekly use. Done with them until they go back to the more heavy duty build.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.