Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelPro not honoring pricing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

TravelPro not honoring pricing

It's bad enough that the handle on my Platinum rollaboard broke due to a cheap plastic retaining clip. It's worse that they won't honor the "lifetime" warranty. Worse still, they no longer make parts for my bag, so I was looking to purchase a replacement handle to retrofit.

On their website the Crew5 22" handle lists for $15, calling them up to place an order they said that the price is now $20+ shipping. Evidently, the pricing is not correct on the website, and no, they will not honor their posted price. One more reason that the next bag will be a different brand...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
I always had good luck with TP. My current 22" is new, less than a year old, and the handle broke this spring. My local dealer let me pay them $25 for shipping to send it back. Almost 3 months later, still no suitcase. All kinds of excuses about difficulty at TP getting the part (seriously?) etc.

I'm not sure if the problem was with TP or the luggage store so I am done with both of them, bought a different carry-on in the meantime and will never buy another TP.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by TINPA
I always had good luck with TP. My current 22" is new, less than a year old, and the handle broke this spring. My local dealer let me pay them $25 for shipping to send it back. Almost 3 months later, still no suitcase. All kinds of excuses about difficulty at TP getting the part (seriously?) etc.

I'm not sure if the problem was with TP or the luggage store so I am done with both of them, bought a different carry-on in the meantime and will never buy another TP.
Sorry to hear about this.

Can you PM me your details to [email protected] and let me find out what happened.

Paul Lawrence
Travelpro Luggage
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mhelbrau
It's bad enough that the handle on my Platinum rollaboard broke due to a cheap plastic retaining clip. It's worse that they won't honor the "lifetime" warranty. Worse still, they no longer make parts for my bag, so I was looking to purchase a replacement handle to retrofit.

On their website the Crew5 22" handle lists for $15, calling them up to place an order they said that the price is now $20+ shipping. Evidently, the pricing is not correct on the website, and no, they will not honor their posted price. One more reason that the next bag will be a different brand...
Please PM at [email protected]. I will have someone look into this for you.

Paul Lawrence
Travelpro Luggage
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Travelpro Luggage
Sorry to hear about this.

Can you PM me your details to [email protected] and let me find out what happened.

Paul Lawrence
Travelpro Luggage
Just to close this off, I did get my suitcase back in the mail from TP. But I very much appreciate the follow through from the company on this board - based on that I would purchase their products again, just not from the same luggage store I used last time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.