Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelpro Crew vs. Platinum vs. Maxlite

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Travelpro Crew vs. Platinum vs. Maxlite

I'm looking to buy a new 22" rollaboard carryon bag, and was looking at Travelpro based on price and recommendations. I'm just trying to decide which model would be the best choice. If anyone has experience, or has chosen Travelpro and researched the differences, I'd be very interested in why you made the choice you did, and if you have any other opinion on which would be the best choice.
THANKS
Old May 20, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Welcome to FT.

Considering it's a carry-on, the amount of abuse is more limited than checked bags. Having said that, it might be subjected to being sky-checked every-so-often.

The Crew and Plat are virtually the same bag. The only differences are external nylon material and warranties. The max-lite has a much weaker shell, but as a result, is much lighter. I've got the Crew6 for carry-on, which is virtually identical to the Plat5 - probably one of my favourite Travelpro bags. It's in great condition other than some wear on the soft part of the handle. What you decide in the end really depends on what factors you value the most.

And, you might want to reconsider the 22" size. Sizes on websites do not include wheels. Once you add in wheels, strictly speaking, they are often outside the legal size limits of carry-ons. This is a problem with almost all manufacturers and isn't localized to just Travelpro.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: United 1K; Hilton Diamond
I have a 22" Travelpro Plat that I bought in January. After 45K miles, I have to say that I love the bag. Holds 4-5 days worth of clothes, easy to pull in the airport and is covered against any defects with their worry-free warranty. Also, best built-in suiter I've ever used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.