Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Recs for rollaboard with 4 wheels

Old May 6, 2012, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat

Can I please get some suggestions for a rollaboard with 4 wheels that has plenty of pockets and durable?
Old May 6, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
My wife was an NWA FA for 13 years and she always used the Travelpro Crew series. I picked up the new Crew 7 last fall and I love it, many inner and outer pockets plus an inner attachment to keep a folded suit wrinkle free. Wheels don't swivel but they're extremely solid and smooth.
Old May 8, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by jjdub86
My wife was an NWA FA for 13 years and she always used the Travelpro Crew series. I picked up the new Crew 7 last fall and I love it, many inner and outer pockets plus an inner attachment to keep a folded suit wrinkle free. Wheels don't swivel but they're extremely solid and smooth.
Are you sure that's a four-wheeler - would be strange to have four wheels which don't swivel.

To the OP, try the Rimowa Bolero (discontinued?) or the newer Salsa Deluxe Hybrid. It's expensive but is probably exactly what you are looking for, and as you're not often going to check it it will probably last for years!

Here's a link to the salsa deluxe. If it helps I prefer the Bolero and you may still find one (although I'm not sure about the 4-wheeler aspect. Finally for the avoidance of doubt, I have no connection to the retailer (or to Rimowa!);

http://www.koffer24.de/shop/de/de/pr...?filter=detail
Old May 8, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
No, the Crew 7 is a traditional roll aboard with just the two wheels. I have seen a lot of four wheelers lately, don't know if Travelpro has entered that market. Good luck shopping!
Old May 8, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by NeverFirst

Here's a link to the salsa deluxe. If it helps I prefer the Bolero and you may still find one (although I'm not sure about the 4-wheeler aspect. Finally for the avoidance of doubt, I have no connection to the retailer (or to Rimowa!);

http://www.koffer24.de/shop/de/de/pr...?filter=detail
My word! That salsa deluxe bag cost 539 euros and then plus shipping would bring cost to about the same price 595 euros that I paid for a business class ticket Rangoon/Bangkok/Amsterdam/New York and return, flying Thai/China Airlines/Delta/KLM. Of course, you pay the 539 euros and chances are pretty good you would get your bag, but for those of us who book similar itineraries out of Rangoon in both First and Biz class, various airlines, we are not sure the airlines will honor the sale. Crunch time coming soon as the dates of some flights are nearing. Mine are out in Jan 2013, so I'm watching with bated breath as the first pax approaches the check in desks at Rangoon airport, not quite sure if they will be denied boarding. You can find 180+ pages of discussion of these fares on the Mileage Run Discussion subforum.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Briggs & Riley has a 20" spinner in their Baseline collection. Great warranty. I was cautious to get a spinner since they have rep for broken wheels, but Briggs seems to have taken their time to design a spinner that can stand up to road warrior. Most of the pockets are exterior... only one inside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.