Wiki Posts
Search

Delsey Helium Pilot 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Delsey Helium Pilot 2.0

When Delsey came out with their Zip Securitech tamper proof zippers, I wanted one right away. Only reason why I waited was I didn't really have a pressing need for a new set of luggage.

Now that I needed an extra set, I was torn between the Travelpro Platinum 7 and the Delsey. I like the looks of the Plat7, I wanted the Securitech in the Delsey Helium Pilot 2.0. I listened to my intuition and went with the Delsey.

I am glad I made that choice simply because having recently travelled with both two old Delseys and my two new Helium Pilots, I really got a chance to feel why I wanted the new zippers. These new zippers are solid. Not only are they tamper proof, they feel so solid that you never feel the heavy weight of the bags (I packed it to the hilt -- all 4 bags 70+lbs) will burst the zipper. I didn't feel as confident with the old Delseys.

As a downside to what essentially is a double back to back zipper mechanism, zipping and unzipping requires more effort. The other drawback to the helium pilots is the the expanded portion (when you expand the bag) is actually a separate compartment -- you can still use it, you just have to be a bit creative.

Do I regret getting the Helium Pilot instead of the Platinum 7? Nope. Love the feeling that it will be very difficult to tamper with the contents of your bag. The Zip Securitech does make me feel....... secure ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.