Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rollaboard Recommendation Please

Rollaboard Recommendation Please

Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by jakuda
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

Although if you have to make a connection forget it. Or if you fly domestic at all. The limit there is 14 inches on AA.

Domestic connections on international travel gets the international carryon allowance dimensions on AA.
I'm envisioning, unsuccessfully, convincing a GA trying to load a flight of that.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat

I'm envisioning, unsuccessfully, convincing a GA trying to load a flight of that.
That's why anal Flyertalkers travel with a printed copy of the baggage rules in the outside pocket of their luggage, so that they can wave it in the face of the flustered GA.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:32 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by jakuda

That's why anal Flyertalkers travel with a printed copy of the baggage rules in the outside pocket of their luggage, so that they can wave it in the face of the flustered GA.
Although also a bit academic since I think the OP said they flew Delta and Delta is 4 inch.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:33 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Er 14 inch
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Silver VIP, Delta Skymiles, USAirways
Wow, did not know what I thought was a simple question could spark such debate!

I actually fly *A more often than Delta, and will be travelling *A to Europe. I hadn't even considered the size being an issue when I ordered it. On the plus side, I am active duty military, so I'm entitled to 2 bags when I travel, so worst case scenario, I'll have to check it.

However, I am now rethinking whether I want the hassle of this bag or whether I just want to go with the non-widebody.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.