Gadget holster?

Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Gadget holster?

I am looking for something to hold my phones, passport, gadgetry etc even when I am not wearing ScottEvest clothing and I found http://www.eholster.com/gadget-shoulder-holster.html and various Versipacks http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Versipacks-c4.htm but I think these are just too large to conceal nicely under a jacket. Any other ideas?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:49 pm

I don't know. I think holsters are for guns. And good luck taking that onboard.

Holsters like the one in the first link are way too geeky for my taste. I'd be afraid people would think I'm a would-be Bond.

The maxpedition stuff can work as a man purse. Since you say "conceal under a jacket" I'd just get a nice anorak, not necessarily the geeky Scott Evest (although that's better than the holster).

Say you got two phones, one passport, one wallet and a set of keys.

One phone goes in one chest pocket of a sport coat the other phone goes in a front trouser pocket. The keys go in the other front trouser pocket. Passport and ticket go in the other interior jacket pocket. wallet goes either in the outer jacket pocket or in the back pocket of the pants. Done.

The holster is comparable to the fanny pack. When it's covered and not visible it is better because it is less ridiculous. But when it's uncovered it's even worse. Pick your poison.

Something like the Eagle Creek Compass might be doable. If you need more room think of a small reporter bag. The Eastpak Madison even exists in a Camo pattern if you are so inclined. I think it's quite funky.

There is an interesting article on the return of the fanny pack on OBOW. I also put a link with pictures and a review of the Madison in the comments.

http://www.1bag1world.com/blog/2011/....html#comments

Till
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:45 am

Looks quite handy (the Madison that is)... but I am mystified as to how it can possibly be considered an improvement on/LESS geeky than a fanny pack!

Looks plenty geeky to me...
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:13 pm

Hell, yeah! Geeky enough.

Seriously, though. The Madison is already bigger than a fanny pack. It thus becomes more of a "real" bag. It is also carried in a way that "real" bags are carried.

Finally, when you look at the people who carry something like a reporter bag, a satchel or a messenger bag and you look at the people that carry a fanny pack, I'd rather be associated with the former group.

Till
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:20 pm

Ahh... there's my problem then...

I don't give a rats bum what anyone thinks of my bag (or car/food/travel/whatever) choices...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamon
Tumi has made a couple of gadget bags over the years. I have one that I picked up a few years ago from their T-Tech line. It even has a hole for the headphone wire to come through if listening to music. I think the retail on it was around $125, but I recall buying it on clearance at one of their outlet stores for around $30.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:29 pm

The wire hole in shoulder bags is the most useless marketing gag there is. I tried to use that ONCE. If you put down the bag, you must take off the headphones and store them. There are a thousand situations where you need to put down the bag but you don't want to put down the headphones. Wire holes or headphone holders on jackets on the other hand make sense.

Till
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
Sans firearm, holsters are just another piece of fabric, leather or plastic. Perfectly acceptable to carry on. I know, I've seen me do it...

Originally Posted by tfar
I don't know. I think holsters are for guns. And good luck taking that onboard.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
if concealment is an issue, think pockets.

there are loads of "tactical pants" that look dressy(-ish) and have extra pockets. shirts have pockets.

how much stuff are you talking about carrying and what weather/clothing do you anticipate wearing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.