Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Victorinox Tourbach 2.0 Review (w/Pictures)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - Marriott - Hertz - AMEX

Situation
I figured the best way to introduce myself to the community is to do a review. I recently decided to replace my existing carry-on luggage. I fly mostly United and Continental here in the U.S. My normal business trips are 3 to 4 days. My current carry-on is a Samsonite 22", which measures 14"W x 22"L x 9"D. The problem with the bag is that it rarely fits properly in the overhead bids on planes. The Samsonite bag itself is 22", but that does not include the wheels on handle on top. If you measure the wheels that is another 1.5" and the handle on top is about 1". So basically it is a 24" bag. All roll-on carry-ons are measured like this, and it is just a bit too long for many planes. So I have been looking for a replacement and I decided on the Victorinox Tourbach 2.0 20".

Price
I purchased the bag from www.luggageguru.com. The price on most websites were $545. On their website it was on sale and I found an online coupon, which came to $392 shipped to my door.

Initial Review
When the bag came the first thing I noticed how much smaller it was than my current carry-on. It measures 15.5"W x 19.5L x 10.5"D. So technically it is the same size in terms of cubic inches, but it really looks smaller. The overall build of the luggage is top notch. It has some extra weight to it compared to my Samsonite, but when it is rolling, the weight is a non-issue. The only time I will experience the weight is when I have to lift it. The extra weight does not bother me at all. The handle feels really good. The inside is what I wanted to see. It seemed smaller, but I believe I will be able to work with it. If I open the extension part it gives another 2.5", which should still allow me to get it into the overhead bin, however, I am not a overpacker on my business trips. The part I really wanted to see was this "half-suiter" and basically it is a suiter, but the bottom third of the suiter is not there. Hopefully that makes since. I have not figured out how to work the hanger, but I am sure the instructions will let me know.

The bag came with all the paperwork and instructions, a TSA Lock, and a laptop bag clip.

The Plan
I plan to start to use this on upcoming trips, so I will report back once I do. If you have any questions...I will be happy to answer them.

Pictures

Last edited by Carlos Thomas; Jan 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United - Marriott - Hertz - AMEX
Update
After trying to work thru the size difference from previous bag to this new one, I decided to exchange it for their 22". It measures a true 21.5" with wheels and my existing one measures a true 23.5" with wheels. I believe a true 21.5 will allow me to pack properly, give me a full suiter (not half) and stow away properly in the overhead compartments on my business trips. Once this one comes in, I will do a full review again.

Last edited by Carlos Thomas; Jan 13, 2011 at 1:22 pm
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: UA - Premier 1K, UA MM 1K; Marriott Platinum
Update? How do you like the 22"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.