Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Packing system for MR of 7 days, suggestions ?!

Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:07 am
Original Poster

I am doing an MR of 7 days and after that 4 days of sightseeing in a big city.

considering it is my first MR, I would like some suggestions or helpfull info:

1) Offcourse I will only take carry on, are there any suggestions for a packing system ? I already looked at some eagle creek pruducts which are looking very promising.

2) Any must have products for in flight I might forget ??!!
( headphone,ipod,chargers/batteries)= check
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by 2stepsahead
I am doing an MR of 7 days and after that 4 days of sightseeing in a big city.

considering it is my first MR, I would like some suggestions or helpfull info:

1) Offcourse I will only take carry on, are there any suggestions for a packing system ? I already looked at some eagle creek pruducts which are looking very promising.

2) Any must have products for in flight I might forget ??!!
( headphone,ipod,chargers/batteries)= check
How often are you plane hopping? Are you going to be in airports where you have access to a lounge or shower facilities? Will the 7 days include any overnight hotel stays or sleeping in airports and/or on red eyes? Also, no idea if you're male or female - makes little difference, but there would be a few differences in suggestions.

As for in flight, I'd suggest some sort of wet wipes - not necessarily anti-bacterial, but rather something gentle enough to use on the face. Tissues, lip balm, eye drops, an empty water bottle to fill past security to keep in your seat back pocket (or be willing to buy bottled during layovers), snacks of some sort, eye mask, ear plugs, a book (e-reader would be more compact and hold more material), pashmina if you're female. Something to use as a pillow - this can be a blow up neck pillow or a jacket rolled up, whichever works for you. It sounds like a lot, but all of that should take up very little room.

Obviously the basics for any overnight trip - toothbrush, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:18 am
Original Poster

ok thank you

yes i am a man. will be doing 3 flights a day and staying everynight at hotel near airports.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA ExP
A 7 day MR sounds like a real epic like 50K!

Some ideas:

Small stash of OTC meds (much easier to bring small packet with a couple pills of imodium/advil/sudeafed/etc then suffer w/o).

Seat pad (if you've ever had a seat that a little "worn in").

a couple of magazines (many FAs don't like e-readers on at take off).

Earplugs (easier to sleep with in when your neighbors have the TV blaring).

energy bars (in case a connection's close at lunch time and you sit on the taxiway for awhile).

Flight schedules on a PDA/phone (in case of a misconnect and no wifi/data).

I now do most of my trips w/an iPad so I don't bring a computer/portable DVD player.

Packing wise, I use cubes and binders. Also for 7 days on planes I'd bring some quick dry clothes (exoffico underwear, nylon/poly shirts, etc) as other stuff may not dry overnight. Note that I've had problems with the crotch of exofficio drying completely overnight if I don't roll it in a towel after wringing out.

Don't bother with the seatback organizers they take up a bunch of space rather just have your inflight materials ready to pull out (maybe a bag w/in a bag if you've got something small).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.