Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Victorinox warranty

Victorinox warranty

Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:06 am

Victorinox - Lifetime Warranty actually means "first few years"

Here is the response from Victorinox when I tried to get my very well looked after Web Series 2.0 Laptop Bag repaired under its so called Lifetime Warranty.

"A travelgear product which is between 12-16 years old is considered by us as at the end of the lifetime. If such a damage would have appeared within the first few years of possession the damage would be covered but not after over ten years."

The material where the hadle is stiched to the bag had become badly frayed - in Victorinox's opinion "After such a long time of useage damages of such sorts as shown are considered as wear & tear".

Of course I appreciate that 12years is a long time but the rest of the bag is in perfect condition and I have looked after it really well. In my experience the claimed Victorniox Lifetime Warranty is just a marketing label they are putting on their products and based on the reply I received it means "first few years".
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carbonbars
Here is the response from Victorinox when I tried to get my very well looked after Web Series 2.0 Laptop Bag repaired under its so called Lifetime Warranty.

"A travelgear product which is between 12-16 years old is considered by us as at the end of the lifetime. If such a damage would have appeared within the first few years of possession the damage would be covered but not after over ten years."

The material where the hadle is stiched to the bag had become badly frayed - in Victorinox's opinion "After such a long time of useage damages of such sorts as shown are considered as wear & tear".

Of course I appreciate that 12years is a long time but the rest of the bag is in perfect condition and I have looked after it really well. In my experience the claimed Victorniox Lifetime Warranty is just a marketing label they are putting on their products and based on the reply I received it means "first few years".
Interesting. I have two Victorinox pieces which are both covered under the Carry with Confidence warranty. I did notice that it refers to the "life of the product" in the warranty language, and that the Webseries 2.0 is covered under the same Carry with Confidence warranty. Disappointing that they've decided to literally cap a lifetime warranty in this way. Maybe I should submit a claim for that messed up handle* on my Mobilizer NXT 4.0 20" suitcase now before it gets too old :|

Then again, most lifetime warranties are so fraught with caveats and provisos as to be relatively worthless. One need only search this forum for lifetime warranties (or changes to warranty terms) for both Tumi and B&R in this forum to see that.

*The handle functions fine. However, the soft-touch rubber grip has been peeling away for a while and is quite unsightly. I'd guess they'd say it's wear and tear and/or cosmetic damage and, therefore, not covered. However, I would also consider this a material defect. We'll see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.