Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa in Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Rimowa in Stockholm

Hi all,

I’m off to Stockholm, Sweden in the next few days. I was wondering is it cheap to get a Rimowa luggage in Sweden? If so, can I claim the tax refund at the airport? Thank you
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: M/M
Bottom line, yes.

For example, a RIMOWA Cabin M retails at 7800 SEK (Swedish Krona). VAT in Sweden is 25%. Average VAT refund at the airport is 13%. Swedish retail, less VAT refund, is about $724.

Compare that to RIMOWA Cabin M in Germany. Retail price is 800 EUR. VAT in Germany is 19%. Average VAT refund at the airport is 11%. German retail, less VAT, is about $796.

Finally, a RIMOWA Cabin M in the United States is $1150 USD. Add your sales tax in your locality (say 7.5%, just for kicks). Total US retail comes out to $1236.

So while you won't get the full VAT refund, you'll still come away ahead.

I think a 42% savings is perfectly acceptable.

Good luck and best wishes in your purchase and travels!
markmho and Megsmeg like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Hiya,

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.