Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to buy B&R?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Best place to buy B&R?

Title says it all. I have been bitten by the B&R bug and had a chance to handle several yesterday in Orlando and was very impressed with the construction, features and quality. Now I have the itch for either a 20" or 21" expandable model.

Where is the best place to buy on line and do the bags sold on bay have the same warranty?

Sorry Til, the TP Plat5 is great just wanting to try something else. Btw- there is a guy selling the Plat 5 on bay for $199 pretty consistently if you need a spare. C
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:07 am

No worries, my friend! While I really love the TP5 I'm not married to it and I know full well that other luggage companies have pretty daughters, too. A look at my assembly of Valoroso will demonstrate that.

You will have to shop around a little. 30 minutes with the exact product codes on google should do. Recently I've seen a slew of discontinued models at londonluggage at good prices. They also had quite a few of the Crystal color models left. I like that color in particular. The site is not super nicely laid out so you'll have to surf around a little to get all the prices and offers.

Till
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:39 am
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I was at "Saks Off 5th" yesterday. They had 20" & 22" super lights for $149.97 & $159.97. You could check your local store.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Did a little surfing over the weekend but didn't find any screaming deals other than eBay. I have settled on the 421LX and just need to search for it specifically to see what I can come up with... And of course share with my fellow FT'ers.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:57 am

CRP5, welcome to the BR fan club. I am sure you are going to enjoy using Briggs & Riley luggage. As far as outlets for buying BR luggage are concerned, why don’t you try out a local store? You will get to check out the luggage and take it home with you immediately. You may also get some “store discounts” if available. Alternatively, if you don’t mind waiting for your luggage to arrive for a few days, you can order it from their website (http://www.briggs-riley.com/). It’s a pretty simple and straightforward process.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by crp5
Now I have the itch for either a 20" or 21" expandable model. Sorry Til, the TP Plat5 is great just wanting to try something else.
Welcome to FT and to this forum! If you have the urge to try new bags while you already have perfectly good ones, you have found just the right community. BR is a great brand in every way, so go for it.

Many of us prefer the classic Baseline to the trendier Transcend, but in the end this is a subjective call. About expandable, that is a popular feature, but if these are meant as carry-ons, be aware that they may not be accepted as carry-ons after expansion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.