Good money clip/wallet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good money clip/wallet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Good money clip/wallet

I am looking for a very slim wallet that a) combines a credit card holder for say 8 credit/other cards with a money clip; b) fits into front pants pocket (or jacket pocket); and c) optionally, has a section that show my driver's license. Any suggestions?

Here's one without an ID window: http://www.tumi.com/sundance-accesso...y-clip-wallet/.

Ideally, it would be big enough for pounds, dollars (easy) and euros.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:15 pm

Shawbridge, there are a few examples that would be close to ideal.

I now mostly use the Hartmann Belting leather wallet that looks very similar to the Tumi one you posted inthat it has the same kind of center clip but it does have an ID window instead of CC slots on the left side. It also has a slot on the outer side which is super handy for business cards or, very quick access, even if they do get a bit banged up. For hotel key cards it works great!

http://www.hartmann.com/shop/productDetail-sku-724

Then there is the Deep Pockets wallet:
http://www.deeppocket.com/features.html

This thing is sheer genius. I have used one for five years until the clip broke. I will most likely get another one because it was just so good. But the hartmann is practically as good and a bit more stylish and discreet because there is no money showing on the outside as with the Deeppocket.

I then got the Tumi FXT:
http://www.tumi.com/fxt/money-clip-card-case-98381/

Looks absolutely great and is very well made. It is particularly nice if like me you love black ballistic nylon and also own a Tumi belt in leather and b. nylon and a passport holder in those materials in addition to luggage in that material. Very stylish! BUT very unpractical. You always have to fumble with the clip that is very strong to get the money in there. The thing is in the drawer now. Sorry, Tumi.

There are also flat wallets from all-ett and dynomighty. Check those out, too. They are a bit more fashion than the above models. They don't have a money clip but they have the advantage that they will hold Euros. All of the above wallets are too small for anything larger than a 50 Euro note, the Tumi and DP won't even fit that. The Hartmann will fit a 50 note exactly. A 100 note will be a bit too big and the 500 note will protrude about a third of an inch. But then again, you probably don't walk around with a bunch of 500 Euro notes, either. I don't at least.

The reason for this is that the money clip wallets are a very American thing and are mostly produced by American companies or at least for the US market. The Hartmann is probably the best of this selection. Leather and craftsmanship are beautiful, too. I carry mine in my front pocket and it is 10-15mm thick depending on how many bill are in there.

Mine holds 3 CCs, DL, student ID, folded car insurance stub, two business cards at all times, plus some cash, of course.

Till
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Coach slim money clip wallet

Here's an option from Coach that may work.

It looks like it should (barely) accommodate Euro notes... I almost picked one up the other day, but I'm having a hard time giving up my separate card carrier/money clip system

Adrian
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:28 am

Adrian, that's nice but exactly the same thing as the Tumi one the OP showed and it costs 2.5 times as much.

The Hartmann should run $50 and is exactly what the OP was looking for including the ID window.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Fritz_Blitz
Here's an option from Coach that may work.

It looks like it should (barely) accommodate Euro notes... I almost picked one up the other day, but I'm having a hard time giving up my separate card carrier/money clip system

Adrian
Originally Posted by tfar
Adrian, that's nice but exactly the same thing as the Tumi one the OP showed and it costs 2.5 times as much.

The Hartmann should run $50 and is exactly what the OP was looking for including the ID window.
I adore the Coach money clip wallet. They come and go and I always snap up a couple when they're available. They hold Euros just fine, and age to a glorious burnished finish over time. The only thing they lack from your list is a place where the license is exposed, but I keep mine in the lowest slot and its very easy to pull out when you need it. My only word of advise is to be careful with credit cards at first since the slots begin their life very tight and I've cracked more than one card before the wallet gets broken in.

Note - this is NOT a wallet for people who carry around 25 credit cards and their entire life history. It is slim and holds just a few items.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.