Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JakiChan
Guess you haven't lost a bag due to a missing tag yet. Also you haven't missed a flight due to waiting in line to check in your bag.
Guess you didn't consider it takes 1 good hit and than e-ink screen goes blank. As for missing the flight, the airlines that interact with Rimowa's E-Tag (a handful of them) also have dozens of check-in automated kiosks that print the label for you, there are so many of these kiosks that they're often empty: no waiting in line!

No offense, but the e-tag isn't fixing a problem, it simply added weight 1lb (0.45kg) to an already heavy bag and forces the traveler to buy batteries to keep it working. That adds the problem that alkaline batteries can leak, particularly when exposed to varying temperatures like the cargo hold of a plane.

You know what? If you don't like it why not shop elsewhere?
Again, you're taking this too personal, breath, relax, the world isn't out there to get you. I have a beautiful collection of Topas Sports and I love them
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by mevr
Guess you didn't consider it takes 1 good hit and than e-ink screen goes blank.
Check the testing they did. That "good hit" would be enough to severely damage the bag anyway.

As for missing the flight, the airlines that interact with Rimowa's E-Tag (a handful of them) also have dozens of check-in automated kiosks that print the label for you, there are so many of these kiosks that they're often empty: no waiting in line!
Uhm, no. You miss the point. I've had a bag not show up because the label "disappeared". I'm not freaking about getting to the airport on time, I'm afraid of the bag that gets lost because the stupid stickers came off.

No offense, but the e-tag isn't fixing a problem, it simply added weight 1lb (0.45kg) to an already heavy bag
The guy who bought the metal luggage is complaining about weight? Lol.

and forces the traveler to buy batteries to keep it working. That adds the problem that alkaline batteries can leak, particularly when exposed to varying temperatures like the cargo hold of a plane.
Yeah, AAAs are so expensive and fragile. Ermagherd, the huge manatee!

Again, you're taking this too personal, breath, relax, the world isn't out there to get you. I have a beautiful collection of Topas Sports and I love them
Reading back through the earlier pages of the thread you have to say that a lot. Here's a bonus thought: If a bunch of people are feeling attacked by what you write, then maybe it's not them. Protip.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
The guy who bought the metal luggage is complaining about weight? Lol.
What's the point of making carry-ons 0.45kg heavier for a tag system that is useless since carry-ons aren't checked in anyways?

Yeah, AAAs are so expensive and fragile. Ermagherd, the huge manatee!
I wasn't referring to the expense, but the inconvenience of having to keep it in check and the risk of leaking. You seem to have a very selective way of reading and interpreting ad lib, maybe while at it you should try to understand what you're reading. Who knows, maybe you'll learn something!

Reading back through the earlier pages of the thread you have to say that a lot. Here's a bonus thought: If a bunch of people are feeling attacked by what you write, then maybe it's not them. Protip.
Not really, I'm just puzzled that you and the E-tag police get so offended that your gimmick is nothing more than that, a gimmick
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: OW, SPG, GOES
Anyone with usage experience of the Topas Sport Multiwheel trolley 80 cm? Interested in getting the new Topas Titanium Electronic Tag Sport Multiwheel trolley 80 cm. Appreciate any information on getting them shipped from Deutschland to US or Japan Thx!

Last edited by jt_boston; Jun 13, 2017 at 11:49 am
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:32 am

What's the point of making carry-ons 0.45kg heavier for a tag system that is useless since carry-ons aren't checked in anyways?
Why do you keep saying this? It isn't on any of the carryons. The smallest Topas it is on is the 67L. And if you're caring about the weight of your carryon then you should have a Salsa Air, and none of the Salsa Air have the E-Tag.

You seem to have a very selective way of reading and interpreting ad lib, maybe while at it you should try to understand what you're reading. Who knows, maybe you'll learn something!
As far as learning something, may I suggest you read above? You might learn something as well.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
So uh in case folks have missed it the thread title is Reasonable Rimowa Prices. Maybe there's a separate thread called "Rimowa E-Tag" or something like that out there that may be relevant??
NeverFirst likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm no proverbial Luddite
Never heard this word. Had to look it up. What an interesting story. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:45 pm

I stumbled across a chain luggage store in a local mall that carries Rimowa. Manager was willing to discount all Rimowa products by 10% if I bought one piece or ~16% if I bought two pieces. Only catch is that the manager wouldn't give me a receipt...it would be a final sale. Payment by credit card is acceptable. Manager said he would enter the serial number into the system.

Should I be concerned?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
I stumbled across a chain luggage store in a local mall that carries Rimowa. Manager was willing to discount all Rimowa products by 10% if I bought one piece or ~16% if I bought two pieces. Only catch is that the manager wouldn't give me a receipt...it would be a final sale. Payment by credit card is acceptable. Manager said he would enter the serial number into the system.

Should I be concerned?
That will be marked as shrink....
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
That will be marked as shrink....
Huh? Don't follow.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Huh? Don't follow.
Retail industry term for missing/stolen goods. He can then pocket $ since that product wasn't available to sell
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Retail industry term for missing/stolen goods. He can then pocket $ since that product wasn't available to sell
Gotcha. But no risk on my end, right? If not, I'll likely get the Topas Trunk or the Salsa Trunk.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:45 am

Gotcha. But no risk on my end, right? If not, I'll likely get the Topas Trunk or the Salsa Trunk.
I wouldn't do it unless I could get a receipt, regardless of if it's final sale or not. Who knows what may happen down the line. If it's being done in a super shady way, it's not worth it for you to be involved.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Can you get a stamped warranty card?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Should I be concerned?
Sounds like a good deal to me, jump on it..Is this in USA or where..?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.