Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by mevr
E-tag is useless on a IATA bag since it's always with you and never checked in, and nearly useless as a checked bag since 99% of the airlines can't process it. It just adds extra weight and it's yet another gadget to have an app for and check battery usage.
thats the positive spirit...!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by anandrag
thats the positive spirit...!
That poster is just a spoil sport! The e-tag will not be useless for long as I understand that many US carriers are planning on adopting it. It's only a rumor for now but I for one am optimistic
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:41 pm

I didn't say I didn't like it, and I didn't say you shouldn't like it. I said it is useless.
And I disagree. I have a luggage tag that won't get ripped off. That to me, as a bag customization, is a cool function. And in the future, if I can check luggage that way, that's cool too.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by JakiChan
And I disagree. I have a luggage tag that won't get ripped off. That to me, as a bag customization, is a cool function. And in the future, if I can check luggage that way, that's cool too.
Completely agree with you.

Rimowa (now part of LVMH) is working with all the leading airlines to get the e-tag adopted. It's a matter of WHEN not IF.

Considering that a Rimowa should last 10 years or more depending on usage, I think you made a good decision.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
So what happens to our bags if the e-tag fails? >.>

I dislike this technology a lot!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
So what happens to our bags if the e-tag fails? >.>

I dislike this technology a lot!
Then don't buy e tag. No one making you. Some of us like tech
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
It's hardly tech, it's a gimmick.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Then don't buy e tag. No one making you. Some of us like tech
Finding non e-tag checked luggage seems increasingly difficult these days, especially in the sport trunk model.

Has anyone seen any good deals on one of these?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:13 am

once again totally off topic and purely your personal opinion. No one really cares that you think it a gimmick. Let's get back to topic of thread
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: FT
Does anyone know where you can buy some Topas NON etag still. I really don't want it. In Germany preferably.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
once again totally off topic and purely your personal opinion. No one really cares that you think it a gimmick. Let's get back to topic of thread
And an e-tag being considered tech is your personal opinion too. You seem to take things to heart, maybe the internet isn't for you. Yes, this is my personal opinion.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:03 pm

Yes, an e-ink display is technology. Fact.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:18 pm

There are always cons for being an early adopter for any new tech. I would probably hold off (for myself) since I know in Canada we tend to be really slow at adopting any new tech, and I don't think Air Canada will make this a focus for quite some time. Would be interesting to see though.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by mkjr
Does anyone know where you can buy some Topas NON etag still. I really don't want it. In Germany preferably.
​​​​​​​anyone?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
anyone?
You didn't mention what size you are looking for. But I saw plenty on Koffer24.de. Koffer-direkt.com has a limited selection. Maybe check the other German shops as well, you might find that everyone still has some non E-tags available. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.