Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by ordx
Looks like they're going pretty fast. I think there were about 25 items listed earlier, and now it's down to 15. I still do see one regular sized carry-on, a 22" Salsa Air spinner.
One left. Made in Canada!
flipstah likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Koffer Direkt is running a sale right now with 20% off Rimowa cases. If you can combine that with a VAT refund, you can get a very good deal. The 5% cash/bank transfer discount cannot be combined with the 20% offer.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:17 am

Thanks for this. I am traveling to Germany at the end of next week and was able to get this shipped to my hotel. When you take the lower European prices, combined with a weaker Euro + the 20% sale + the VAT refund, it’s a pretty good deal!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
For those who missed the last Koffer Direkt 20% off sale, they’re running it again from Aug 31 to Sept. 8th.
Tredders likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:55 pm

I’ll chime in that my Koffer Direkt experience was flawless. I ordered in the US, has it shipped to a hotel in Germany. They sent the bag quickly with appropriate tax paperwork which I had stamped at the airport in Düsseldorf on exit (the suitcase was full of stuff, so it didn’t need to be empty). I returned home, sent the paperwork back to KD who refunded the tax payment in less than a week (including mail time from the US). Great customer service and will definitely buy from them again.
invalyd and bulbmogul like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I've just ordered an Original Cabin from Koffer Direkt, using the 20% off promo that's currently running. Including DHL shipping to the UK, it's coming in at around £600, which is £220 cheaper than Rimowa's UK website. I've been after one of these for a while (despite being pleased with my 2 Briggs & Riley cabin bags) and this is the best price I've seen, so thanks for the heads-up on the promo.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:16 am

Hey All - I am looking to buy my wife and son original cabin carry-on's to match my own (purchased online from Koffer while in Germany 8 months ago and shipped to my hotel - big thanks to this thread for all the help!). I am located in the US and won't be traveling to Europe for at least another year. I did my research on FT and priced out a few options for ordering online and shipping to the US. Option 1) La Voyagerie - I emailed a rep who confirmed they ship to the US. With the 5% discount, removal of VAT & addition of shipping, they come to EUR 772 each. Option 2) ShopAndBox courier for KofferDirekt - Their German handler priced it out for me. With the 20% discount from Koffer Direkt, 10% service fee from ShopAndBox, and addition of shipping, they come to EUR 810.18 each.

While plenty of people have experience from La Voyagerie on FT, I was under the impression they no longer ship to the US. Does this seem odd to anyone? If not, does anyone have a discount code greater than 5%? As for ShopAndBox, user reviews and experiences on FT seem positive, however the service fee and shipping cost negate the 20% savings from Koffer Direkt. Does anyone have any recommendations for other courier services?

Lastly, I have never shipped items this expensive of items from overseas. After some research from SimplyDuty, it looks like Duties from France and Germany are 1.6%. This seems pretty low to me, does anyone have any experience with this? Does the US hit you with any other fees?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:57 pm

Purchases shipped to the US is duty free up to $800.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:11 am

Thanks for this. Do you know the duty/tax if the item is above 800? Including shipping & vat costs, it will end up being USD 800+
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: M/M
Items above $800, but less than $1000 are subject to a flat tax rate of 3%.

If your total declaration exceeds $1,800, the customs duty will be determined by the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS). You can expect average rates to be about 20%, for planning purposes.

Last edited by hornillas1; Sep 18, 2019 at 9:58 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info. For anyone interested, I was able to find a courier service much cheaper than ShopandBox on the forum. All said and done after the 20% discount from Koffer Direkt, the items should be around 30% cheaper than buying in the US. Thanks again to everyone on here for all the great information!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:22 pm

Care to share the courier service?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:56 am

I will send you a dm once I can confirm they did a good job. I just placed my order, so they should be receiving it in a few days.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:05 am

I just sent you a DM. FYI Edisac is running 15% off on Rimowa through 9/30. They do ship direct to the US, as does La Voyagerie. It might be worth comparing pricing...
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:34 am

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.