Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

The Planespotter's PHOTO Thread...

The Planespotter's PHOTO Thread...

Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Will there be any FT plane spotters at Hamburg airport for G-20 official flights arrivals?

Any idea which day they will start coming in?

I will be getting in 5 July evening. Planning to be out on the field all day 6 July. I hope for dry weather.

I understand G-20 itself will be 7 and 8 July. I was at G-20 in Nice (NCE) November 2011. Seen some really nice aircraft. Easy airport. Magnificent set up. Got some nice pictures.

I am not at all familiar with Hamburg airport. I see they have airport tours. Could be cancelled G-20 time?

I suppose the place will be on lockdown for G-20 arrivals. Looking at the airport configuration, there are probably lots of good spots to watch departures/arrivals, again depending if the airport will be on lockdown or not.

Any information/advice will be most appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by CDG1
Will there be any FT plane spotters at Hamburg airport for G-20 official flights arrivals?

Any idea which day they will start coming in?

I will be getting in 5 July evening. Planning to be out on the field all day 6 July. I hope for dry weather.

I understand G-20 itself will be 7 and 8 July. I was at G-20 in Nice (NCE) November 2011. Seen some really nice aircraft. Easy airport. Magnificent set up. Got some nice pictures.

I am not at all familiar with Hamburg airport. I see they have airport tours. Could be cancelled G-20 time?

I suppose the place will be on lockdown for G-20 arrivals. Looking at the airport configuration, there are probably lots of good spots to watch departures/arrivals, again depending if the airport will be on lockdown or not.

Any information/advice will be most appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

I've been to HAM and there is a nice observation deck that you can get to pre-security, but I suspect with the G-20 in town the deck might be closed.

Use this link from spotterguide that covers HAM....Their info is usually accurate and I've been happy with their advice. Pay extra attention to the spots that are located off the airport since you might have less restrictions with security at those places.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I've been to HAM and there is a nice observation deck that you can get to pre-security, but I suspect with the G-20 in town the deck might be closed.

Use this link from spotterguide that covers HAM....Their info is usually accurate and I've been happy with their advice. Pay extra attention to the spots that are located off the airport since you might have less restrictions with security at those places.
Thank you Lufthansa Flyer for your information and link.

I knew this plane spotter website from before. Now I see they have added a G-20 specifid section with updated information with sub-links.

http://www.spotterguide.net/index.ph...burg-ham-eddh/

I bumped into this a couple of days ago (in German)

Planespotter im G20-Fieber
https://www.handelsblatt.com/technik.../19977254.html

I really want to get as much from my trip as I can.

Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Long Live The Queen

Ready for scrapping at Pinal Airpark Airport (KMZJ)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:11 pm

Long Live The Queen

Lufthansa 748i rolling out at EWR
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:21 am

Vice President Pence arrives aboard AF2 in GRR today.....I took my baby to see it.

How I wish I can figure out the crappy resolution issues with Facebook.......

Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:09 pm

[QUOTE=LufthansaFlyer;28518673]Vice President Pence arrives aboard AF2 in GRR today.....I took my baby to see it.

Nice shot of the plane and Cougar. There is no such thing as good photo resolution on Facebook based on my own experience and reading hints and suggestions. The best I have found so far is to save the photo at 96dpi and nothing larger than 2048 pix wide and save it as a .png file instead of .jpg.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:36 pm

[QUOTE=makeUturn;28523515]
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Vice President Pence arrives aboard AF2 in GRR today.....I took my baby to see it.

Nice shot of the plane and Cougar. There is no such thing as good photo resolution on Facebook based on my own experience and reading hints and suggestions. The best I have found so far is to save the photo at 96dpi and nothing larger than 2048 pix wide and save it as a .png file instead of .jpg.
Thanks, I'll try to experiment with the numbers....typically I save at 1600px wide and 180dpi which is probably where my trouble is.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Plane spotting location help - DFW

I am wanting to take picture of the BA 747 taking off at DFW. If taking off to the south the 747 almost always will take off on 35C. Is there a good plane spotting location on the south side of DFW toward the 35C runway? I see a dirt road just off the main roadway but is it ok to park there and take pictures? I also see an office building parking lot near by but do they mind?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:44 pm

Questions about spotting at GUA

I'll be in Guatemala City in September, and will do some spotting at GUA. Do any of you know if the Las Americas hotel allows one to do that from their property? I heard they had a place on the roof that folks have used, but that it's now closed. Also, is the Barcelo Hotel just north of the airport a good place? Any other spots?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Had some time at SLC before I needed to head out.

Delta Airlines Boeing 737-800

Delta Airline Boeing 737-800 Salt Lake City by https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinanm3atl/, on Flickr

UPS Airbus A300-600

UPS Airbus A300-600 Salt Lake City by https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinanm3atl/, on Flickr

Southwest Airlines 737-Something. Was not tracking this flight so not sure variant and was watching different runway

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 Salt Lake City by https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinanm3atl/, on Flickr
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:36 am

KLM 777 lift off from IAD

Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:25 pm

SA A333 at IAD

Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:08 am

MCO Orlando
Attached Images  
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:58 am

An oldie I took at LAX in November, 1985. This is an Eastern 757 N501EA, one of the first delivered to the airline. According to Airfleets.net, it somehow wound up at NASA. In the background is a UA 747 and some other UA model.
Attached Images  
CMK10 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.