Search

The Planespotter's PHOTO Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:51 pm

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7974159

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7974153
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
FT doesn't change the resolution nor the quality of images linked here. Any chance you were on Gogo when you posted that?

Also, I really don't like that livery at all.
They must screw with it, at 1600 pixels, the original image on aero-shots is absolutely sharp and yet it is sloppy on FT. Actually nearly every image on this thread is not sized or focused to look like the original. There must be a resolution maximum for their image windows. But I'm not about to reprocess images so they look better here.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
They must screw with it, at 1600 pixels, the original image on aero-shots is absolutely sharp and yet it is sloppy on FT. Actually nearly every image on this thread is not sized or focused to look like the original. There must be a resolution maximum for their image windows. But I'm not about to reprocess images so they look better here.
Out of interest, I had a look at the HTML coming from FT:

FT links this
Code:
... /wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Lufthansa_LH_747_8i_D-ABYT_Paine_PAE_30-1024x684.jpg
and Aero shots links this
Code:
... /wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Lufthansa_LH_747_8i_D-ABYT_Paine_PAE_30.jpg
So the FT picture has been re-sized down, and hence will be a bit soft.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by aidanc

FT links this
Code:
... /wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Lufthansa_LH_747_8i_D-ABYT_Paine_PAE_30-1024x684.jpg
Code:
so ideally you would need to link to a 1024x684 image to maintain sharpness, etc?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by aidanc

FT links this
Code:
Code:
But FT isn't doing that. The actual JPG link that LufthansaFlyer posted is:

http://lufthansaflyer.img.boardingar...e-1080x675.jpg

That's different than what is displayed on Aero-Shots:

http://aero-shots.boardingarea.com/w...BYT_Paine1.jpg

The lower-resolution image is hosted on lufthansaflyer.img.boardingarea.com. The FT forum software has no way of downsizing an image and then uploading it to lufthansaflyer.img.boardingarea.com.

The only way the lower-resolution image here is displayed is because it was originally posted that way by the original poster.

You can easily post the full image link here on FT. I could do it in this very post if I wanted. It would be rude, though, because it's such a large image that it would go way off to the right side of the screen and disrupt the page's formatting, so I won't do that.

That's why the FT guidelines ask you to "Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths." The FlyerTalk software will not resize anything, so it's up to you to resize your image appropriately and post a politely-sized image to the forum. (I usually then make the whole image a hyperlink to the full-sized image so that those who do wish to see the full-resolution version are only one click away from doing so.) If you reduced-resolution image is fuzzy or otherwise of poor quality, then it's that way due to whatever software you used to resize the image.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
But FT isn't doing that. The actual JPG link that LufthansaFlyer posted is:

http://lufthansaflyer.img.boardingar...e-1080x675.jpg

That's different than what is displayed on Aero-Shots:

http://aero-shots.boardingarea.com/w...BYT_Paine1.jpg

The lower-resolution image is hosted on lufthansaflyer.img.boardingarea.com. The FT forum software has no way of downsizing an image and then uploading it to lufthansaflyer.img.boardingarea.com.

The only way the lower-resolution image here is displayed is because it was originally posted that way by the original poster.

You can easily post the full image link here on FT. I could do it in this very post if I wanted. It would be rude, though, because it's such a large image that it would go way off to the right side of the screen and disrupt the page's formatting, so I won't do that.

That's why the FT guidelines ask you to "Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths." The FlyerTalk software will not resize anything, so it's up to you to resize your image appropriately and post a politely-sized image to the forum. (I usually then make the whole image a hyperlink to the full-sized image so that those who do wish to see the full-resolution version are only one click away from doing so.) If you reduced-resolution image is fuzzy or otherwise of poor quality, then it's that way due to whatever software you used to resize the image.
Thats just it, every image I upload to LufthansaFlyer or Aero-Shots is 1600. I wonder then if WordPress isn't screwing with the image, but when I look at the image info in WP, it shows the original resolution (1600x1080ish).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
WordPress generates a variety of image sizes (you can set what sizes these are in settings if you're the admin).

Each of these will be a discrete filename and image, and you can link to any of them. WordPress will show the image as an image, not a file - it abstracts this whole thing from you, the user. It knows you have a full size image generated, and that there are smaller sizes available. If you make a new post and try to insert an image, you'll see what I mean - you have options on what size image you'd like to insert.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
WordPress generates a variety of image sizes (you can set what sizes these are in settings if you're the admin).

Each of these will be a discrete filename and image, and you can link to any of them. WordPress will show the image as an image, not a file - it abstracts this whole thing from you, the user. It knows you have a full size image generated, and that there are smaller sizes available. If you make a new post and try to insert an image, you'll see what I mean - you have options on what size image you'd like to insert.
Can you please show how one selects picture size when including pictures in a post? All I see is the ability to put in image tags, like this: [IMG]<link>[/IMG] Nowhere in this process do I see uploading of any images to the FT software, just the providing of a link to the image hosted elsewhere.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Junkie
Theres a big Russian Antonov parked at BFI today along the cargo side. Also saw one a few saturdays ago at SEA - must be lifting in a lot of freight due to the slowdowns and problems at west coast ports - ?
The Antonovs stop off a lot at BFI and Paine to pick up/drop off components for Boeing. A few years back, the AN-225 popped in to BFI to pick up a six-pack of 777 engines. A lot of the Antonov traffic through SEA is military cargo stopping to re-fuel.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Hi all,
I've just returned from the Australian International Air Show at Avalon Airport near Melbourne.
I've put together a few videos from footage I took.

1) The best part of the day was an ADF showcase which was a scenario of a ground assault which included a KC-30A, F/A-18Fs, E-7A, C130s, C-17, AP-3C Orion, Bushmasters and a few others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMYwh4IAow

2) C-17A Globemaster III at work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q__aLhkChII

3) KC-30 tanker/transporter taking-off, landing and flying past with F/A-18s insitu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLrV009ERM

4) landing at the show in an A320: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HeH22Zf_JM

5) PBY-6A Catalina takeoff and flyby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_qzxJeqIY8

Last edited by PaulST; Mar 3, 2015 at 1:37 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Hello Kitty "Speed Puff" that took me to NRT.

TPE
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
LH A380 @ FRA

Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Couple of KC-10s at TIMCO in GSO yesterday:

Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
EK A388 at LAX TBIT

Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Boeing 747 LCF Dreamlifter at CHS

Not a great photo, but I don't know when I'll see one of these again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.