Wiki Posts
Search

The Planespotter's PHOTO Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:46 pm

Wow! Simply superb! ^ ^
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:45 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
United First 787 after its first Test Flight

Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:59 pm

You can just take a pic from the runway? Not an issue?
Good shot by the way..
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
For those close runway shots typically the photographer is behind the fence and using a step ladder to get above it for a better shot.

fudgepanda you have a good eye, I have some connections and was lucky enough to get a premier view of the show that allowed me to look down and get some unique shots.

A few more of my pictures from that day that include a P38 since you mentioned it.

Last edited by sylvas808; Aug 22, 2012 at 1:33 am Reason: fixed image links
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:51 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by flightsau
You can just take a pic from the runway? Not an issue?
Good shot by the way..
Originally Posted by sylvas808
For those close runway shots typically the photographer is behind the fence and using a step ladder to get above it for a better shot.

fudgepanda you have a good eye, I have some connections and was lucky enough to get a premier view of the show that allowed me to look down and get some unique shots.
Not sure if those references were to me or not, but the 787 shots were actually taken pretty much behind the fence line. but at paine field (boeing factory) they have built up quite high berms around the field so that the berms are higher than the fence line. Perfect for spotting.

Next time im out there ill get a photo of some and put it up. It is designed for spotters... probably not intentionally but it is fantastic.

and heres another shot from Paine. At 50mm i can't even get a full shot of this beast!

and a shot from the Observation deck seeing the other end of the runway (taken from the deck ontop of the Future of Flight building)

Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
A few more of my pictures from that day that include a P38 since you mentioned it.
Okay, I have to make it to the next show in Chino! These are my type of airplanes!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:44 pm

I wish I could take such snaps. Good job mates!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:50 pm

absolutely beautiful!!!

What lens/brand did you use for those shots?

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:33 am
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:24 pm
`X'

Spent another weekend at Paine Field 787 & 747-8 Hunting

Some very rare sights tho happened past

A 737 at Everett is pretty rare, add to the fact there was 2 was amazing. What made it even more shocking was they were Southwest Airlines winglet equipped 737-300 and a 737-800. Only my 2nd shot of a SWA 738 and my 3rd shot of a Winglet equipped 737-300!

But the epic shot from the weekend was these couple:

Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by `X'
Spent another weekend at Paine Field 787 & 747-8 Hunting
I'm assuming you have a SIDA pass. If not how do you get to the location W of 34L ?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:56 am
`X'

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
I'm assuming you have a SIDA pass. If not how do you get to the location W of 34L ?
theres a small road leading up to the Historic Flight and you just park on the grass and walk up the berm.

Usually pretty crowded when the Free Flight days are on but otherwise its pretty quiet. Saw a few people up there last week with a couple of folding chairs, a book, a cooler and had set themselves up for an afternoon in the sun.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by `X'
theres a small road leading up to the Historic Flight and you just park on the grass and walk up the berm.

Usually pretty crowded when the Free Flight days are on but otherwise its pretty quiet. Saw a few people up there last week with a couple of folding chairs, a book, a cooler and had set themselves up for an afternoon in the sun.
Got it I think:

Lived here for 40 years and never knew that existed.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:47 am
`X'

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Got it I think:

Lived here for 40 years and never knew that existed.
Thats the one!

And ive lived here 2 months and someone had to tell me about it. its reffered to as "the windsock"
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd forgotten how good the spotting at ORD could be, sorry these aren't of the same quality as the pictures from `X

From the new Urban Garden above the G Concourse Rotunda:

Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
absolutely beautiful!!!

What lens/brand did you use for those shots?
I have a Canon 60d and 100-400L lens. The 100-400 is my baby, I love that lens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.