Online camera stores ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online camera stores ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: most of them
I've been shopping a good bit at JR.com lately because they have 3x UR points.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:12 pm

someone suggested JR.com to me as well and I might consider checking it now.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:37 am

My friends and me deal at ebay..
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:20 pm

thanks for information.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AP, MP
for those in Canada, photoprice.ca is a good starting point. It also searches a bunch of US sites that ship to Canada.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AP, MP
Originally Posted by claireflyer
someone suggested JR.com to me as well and I might consider checking it now.
JR is reliable.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:51 am
Suspended

There are lot of online camera stores available on internet you can buy cameras from ebay or from Sony or canon website as well.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
How much sales tax?

I'm heading to MT in August and again in September and want to buy a DSLR for my wife. It looks like the best prices for the unit I want are all online with retailers recommended on here, but my question is, how much sales tax will I pay for online orders? Does it depend on where the store/retailer is based or on where the goods are delivered to? (Sales tax in MT is 0%).
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by roberino
I'm heading to MT in August and again in September and want to buy a DSLR for my wife. It looks like the best prices for the unit I want are all online with retailers recommended on here, but my question is, how much sales tax will I pay for online orders? Does it depend on where the store/retailer is based or on where the goods are delivered to? (Sales tax in MT is 0%).
Depends entirely on where the goods are delivered to, as well as where the store is. Stores generally charge tax when the goods are shipped from and to the same state - although now, some retailers are charging tax if they ship to CA, even from outside CA, as the state of CA is going after large mail-order operations for the tax revenues on shipments into CA. As you are in the UK, If you find a retailer such as B&H or Adorama that ships to the UK, you will not be charged sales tax. You might, however, be charged import duties by the UK for your purchases - you should check with your local authorities about that. If you had a shipping address in MT, the goods could be shipped there with no sales tax being charged at all.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by flyboy60
Depends entirely on where the goods are delivered to, as well as where the store is. Stores generally charge tax when the goods are shipped from and to the same state - although now, some retailers are charging tax if they ship to CA, even from outside CA, as the state of CA is going after large mail-order operations for the tax revenues on shipments into CA. As you are in the UK, If you find a retailer such as B&H or Adorama that ships to the UK, you will not be charged sales tax. You might, however, be charged import duties by the UK for your purchases - you should check with your local authorities about that. If you had a shipping address in MT, the goods could be shipped there with no sales tax being charged at all.
I have several friends in MT who can receive a package for me, so it looks like this is an option. Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by roberino
Using B&H Photo as an example, we have to collect sales tax for in-store purchases at the NYC rate. We have to collect sales tax for any order shipped to a location within NY state at the tax rate set by the destination. No sales tax is collected at this time for any order shipped to any state other than NY state because we do not have a physical presence in any other state. If we had, for example, a warehouse in NJ, we'd have to collect sales tax for every order shipped to NJ also.

Customers living in states with sales tax who buy online are supposed to declare the purchase and pay the state use tax when filing state income tax documents.

Henry Posner
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Online camera stores ...

Price is not everything. I deal exclusively with www.bhphoto.com and www.mpex.com
I always visit b&h when I am in New York
and find their inventory amazing and their service to be good for such a large company

I personally know the owner of Midwest Photo exchange. Almost all of my major purchases come from there. They have taken excellent cars of me over the years.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by m.photog
Price is not everything. I deal exclusively with www.bhphoto.com and www.mpex.com
I always visit b&h when I am in New Yorkand find their inventory amazing and their service to be good for such a large company
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henryp
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
Hi, Henry!

Perhaps you're too modest to say, but B&H's prices are VERY competitive. B&H is always my first stop for camera and electronics gear (of every kind -- their selection is really quite remarkable). As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been buying from them for decades and they are the platinum standard for on-line honesty and reliability. I also recommend a visit to their brick-and-mortar store which is stocked with all sorts of photographic and electronic goodies, is staffed with knowledgeable and helpful salespeople, and is a fun way to spend a few hours if you're a camera or electronics geek.

And, no, I don't work for B&H, but they're terrific and virtually one-of-a-kind.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:16 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Yes, B&H is a pretty amazing place. I have been shopping there since their retail store was on E. 17th Street (or thereabouts). I know I am showing my age, since I have been shopping there for about 40 years. Normally they are my 'go to' store for anything camera- or electronic-related, though I do occasionally buy elsewhere. Just recently bought some supplies and they were substantially less expensive through Adorama so I really had no choice, but that is extremely rare.

I love just roaming through B&H when I get back to NY (about once a year). Great employees, great inventory and great prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.