Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aviation Photography

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Aviation Photography

Despite an earlier forecast stating that today would truly be a Sun-day, it actually dawned rainy and grey and has stayed that way into the afternoon, so my friend and I cancelled our plans to photograph wildflowers.

Instead I got caught up in an incredible thread on fredmiranda.com, started by Jim Wilson and featuring many of his incredible air-to-air photos of aircraft. He's open and friendly and helpful on photographic topics, and it's a pleasure to read his posts.

One of the highlights for me were his photos of Prism Helicopters on remote areas of Vancouver Island. He also posted a copy of his photo that hangs in the White House, and gave details of the International Society for Aviation Photography or ISAP.

I thought ISAP might be of interest to some folks here, especially since membership is not expensive and they have an annual symposium which includes speakers and field trips to aviation sites of photographic interest. You do not have to be a pro to join them.

They have a gallery which presents work from some of their members. One of them is a Flight Attendant for Air France and she has an interesting web site of her own. Many of their members are pilots as well as photographers.

And on the subject of aviation photography, here's one T-shirt you might not want to wear to catch your next flight.
Old May 6, 2007, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome series Abby! Great find. Sure puts my airshow pics to shame.

I got up to page 22 in the thread with my jaw hanging open. Then I clicked on "Last" and found there were 118 total pages

It's going to take me more than a few hours to go through them all, but I will.
Old May 6, 2007, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
wow!
Those photos are very nice. Maybe one day I could be that good.

Might have to get a shirt like that
Old May 6, 2007, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdstrike
Awesome series Abby! Great find. Sure puts my airshow pics to shame.

I got up to page 22 in the thread with my jaw hanging open. Then I clicked on "Last" and found there were 118 total pages

It's going to take me more than a few hours to go through them all, but I will.
Heehehehe!!!! I felt about the same - jaw hanging open! I went through a lot of the pages, they had a problem with losing some of the links to their images, but most have been corrected.

Really, an incredible job that that guy does. And he is thinking of organizing some seminars on his own for people who have asked to spend some time with him. Lots of opportunities for FTers in this area, I think. Also, the ISAP symposiums might be fun. Or just a photo DO that FTers organize for themselves!
Old May 14, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: NW MH RT SQ PC
Hone your skills and get in the right place... the rest will come together.
Old May 14, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS/MVP, *Wood G
Nice find! The guy has talent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.