Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Is Fujifilm x-30/x-3/x-4 a good backup camera for sony a7m3?

Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:00 am
Original Poster

I own a sony a7m3 and three lenses. I love my sony camera but wife wants a Fuji camera for the film feel -_-

did anyone own both brands?what is your experience?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
I shoot Sony and Fuji. Just picked up an X-T5. Sold my X-T30 a while back when I added Sony to the kit. I really love the controls of the X-T series. The X-T5 is slightly more compact than the X-T30 and has better controls and of course the 40mp sensor. Plenty of room to crop. Better autofocus than the X-T30. I love the small primes on the Fuji system. The old 35 1.4 has great rendering. One of my all time favorite lenses. For the old film feel she might like the X-Pro cameras. I would skip the XPro1 and go with either an X-Pro2 used if she likes that vibe.

X-T5 autofocus is much better than the X-Pro bodies if that is important.

Completely depends upon how she wants to shoot. I think the zoom selection is better on Sony. The A7C is nice and compact but not really fun to use. Not a fan of the controls or the EVF on the A7C.

All that said - I think the A1 is still the one to rule them all. Insanely great at pretty much everything.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the reply.

Tried to find used x-t3/x-t4 but not a lot in stock anywhere. My wife prefers a smaller camera so I am looking at x-s10 now with a 18-55 lens for her.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
GL on the search. If she is after the more film like experience in a small body I’d recommend an X-T30II or X-T30 over the XS style body for the control layout. The XS has ibis which is nice but the X-T cameras are more fun to use imo. The Xs operates like any other pasm camera. Definitely not the full Fuji experience.

Last edited by sea_jeff; Apr 17, 2023 at 12:05 am
Old May 21, 2023, 3:24 am

I own both a Sony A7RIV and a FujiFilm X100V, and prefer the X100V because of the look of the images, and portability. It depends on what you want out of the camera, and what will make you want to use it more.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:59 am

If you’re looking for smaller try an XE-4 or a used XE-3.

Might be hard to find a new XE-4. After all the X100V cams sold out, the XE-4 was next.

Do you need an ILC? If not, consider a Ricoh Grlll or lllx. The smallest APS-C camera around. I have the X. Fantastic film sims, as good if not better than Fuji, althought not as many. I like the Fuji sims, but sometimes having more choice isn’t always better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.