Reload this Page >

Are selfie sticks acceptable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are selfie sticks acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:55 pm

You need to be very careful when using them indoors, maybe they are somewhere under the ban. Specify in advance the owner of the premises or the guard can use them or not.

If you use them in nature, I am sure there will be no problems.

About other people's views, forget what the others think if you have the coolest photos and great mood!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
No.

What context were you referring to?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:42 pm

Selfie Sticks are not acceptable at all places. Some places do prohibit the use of the same.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Aizakhan
Selfie Sticks are not acceptable at all places. Some places do prohibit the use of the same.
Welcome to Flyer Talk.

You might wish to read through the thread before posting to it.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:52 am

Why are tripods and monopods acceptable?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Because they’re not so narcissistic.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jamcoley
Why are tripods and monopods acceptable?
Because I have not heard of anyone being hit with a tripod or monopod.

Ummm;
Just a thought, next time someone tried to hit me with a selfie stick I should use my tripod to defend myself. Self defence, your honour!
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller

Ummm;
Just a thought, next time someone tried to hit me with a selfie stick I should use my tripod to defend myself. Self defence, your honour!
Err yes ... when the "bad" owner walks around with them and bashes it into people while they are moving to their next photo location
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Err yes ... when the "bad" owner walks around with them and bashes it into people while they are moving to their next photo location
The solution to that is to fold it up and watch where you’re going - same with selfie sticks. It’s more about the person than the tool. Selfie sticks just got a bad rap because it seemed so many people were morons with them. (Perhaps there’s a correlation between wanting to take pictures of yourself and other narcissistic behaviors.)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by strickerj
... Perhaps there’s a correlation between wanting to take pictures of yourself and other narcissistic behaviors.
+100
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
The solution to that is to fold it up and watch where you’re going - same with selfie sticks. It’s more about the person than the tool. Selfie sticks just got a bad rap because it seemed so many people were morons with them. (Perhaps there’s a correlation between wanting to take pictures of yourself and other narcissistic behaviors.)
touche!!!!! HAHAHA
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

Ummm;
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Actually, I stand corrected.

My wife pointed out to me that there were two cases of someone tripping over one of the legs of my tripod. They were walking taking selfie video with their selfie stick playing bumper cars with the crowd.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:53 pm

Actually, I stand corrected.

My wife pointed out to me that there were two cases of someone tripping over one of the legs of my tripod. They were walking taking selfie video with their selfie stick playing bumper cars with the crowd.
LOL, point taken. But hey, there are smart people who know how to use selfie sticks properly, too. Like a tripod user-level.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:09 am
Suspended

This generation is not travel without selfie sticks. Also, I recommend to you about this you need to carry selfie stick for easy catch photos as well as you will become blogger.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:35 pm

Ummm;
In some ways tripods are far more annoying that selfie sticks because they tend to be positioned directly in front a prime attraction, often the user takes quite a while setting up tripod, adjusting camera and then takes even longer taking the damn photo because he had to get "just the right shot" to quote one jerk who set up his tripod in the middle of a public garden path, completely blocking it and then spent 20 minutes taking photos.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.