FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Photography (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-photography-629/)
-   -   Best Travel/Photography Backpack? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-photography/1871297-best-travel-photography-backpack.html)

ChiefNWA Oct 10, 2017 8:09 am

Best Travel/Photography Backpack?

Just purchased the Incase Pro DSLR backpack, but I'm looking to see what you all use for your travels. I was looking at the Manfrotto lineup as well but the Incase seemed to offer the same space and features but for slightly less.

If anyone's interested, I'll post what I think about the Incase backpack once it arrives and I put it through some packing tests.

bthotugigem05 Oct 10, 2017 8:43 am

I've had it for about a year and am still madly in love with my 30L Peak Design backpack.

ChiefNWA Oct 10, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 28915427)
I've had it for about a year and am still madly in love with my 30L Peak Design backpack.

It was between the Incase and the Peak Design for me at the end. I ended up with the Incase due to price mainly. I wish I could find a Peak Design locally so I could take a look at it without having to order and return it.

allset2travel Oct 10, 2017 9:09 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA (Post 28915285)
Just purchased the Incase Pro DSLR backpack, but I'm looking to see what you all use for your travels. I was looking at the Manfrotto lineup as well but the Incase seemed to offer the same space and features but for slightly less.

If anyone's interested, I'll post what I think about the Incase backpack once it arrives and I put it through some packing tests.

Did you get the Pro model?

Yes, please post a review after you've taken it on some test "drives". Dimensions, weight, space for tablet?.....

Thanks in advance.

ChiefNWA Oct 10, 2017 11:16 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel (Post 28915548)
Did you get the Pro model?

Yes, please post a review after you've taken it on some test "drives". Dimensions, weight, space for tablet?.....

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I got the Pro version. I'll be sure to post something here once I give it a test run.

Adventographer Oct 10, 2017 5:03 pm

I love my Thinktank Streetwalker Harddrive, it fits most international carry on sizers but i've never had an issue getting it on the plane. Its big enough for me to pack 2 camera bodies, 5 lenses, a laptop, a drone, accessories and filters without issue.

LufthansaFlyer Oct 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Depending on what I'm doing, I go from a tamron expedition 7x, North Face Access 28L (Cool Clam shell clip top), or a couple of ThinkTank backpacks, or to my favorite with is the Pelican 1510 since I can board any plane with it.