Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Airport Lounge Photography Opportunity

Old Sep 20, 17, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Are you a frequent traveler, lounge guru, and professional/semi-professional photographer? If so, LoungeBuddy is looking for assistance in getting great quality lounge photos for hundreds lounges around the world in the upcoming months in exchange for compensation. If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, please fill out this form here, and we will get back to you with additional details.
Old Sep 20, 17, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How much does it pay?
Old Sep 21, 17, 1:07 am

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
And who is going to make arrangements for permission, legal access to airside plus the lounge, liability insurance and obtaining legal releases etc?
Old Sep 21, 17, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

We are offering US$30 per lounge (in exchange for minimum of 10 photos) OR US$40 per lounge (in exchange for minimum of 15 photos).

The opportunity is for those who already have access to the lounges. You would be providing photos that meet certain guidelines and we would pay you for a license to these photos. The benefit here is that you would receive compensation for providing us with some great quality images of facilities you may already be visiting!
Old Sep 21, 17, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Sounds like a good deal, will fill out the form, have a few lounges coming up this week.
Old Mar 4, 18, 9:46 pm
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by loungebuddy View Post
Are you a frequent traveler, lounge guru, and professional/semi-professional photographer? If so, LoungeBuddy is looking for assistance in getting great quality lounge photos for hundreds lounges around the world in the upcoming months in exchange for compensation. If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, please fill out this form here, and we will get back to you with additional details.
Awesome. I ran into one of your employees at the Centurion Lounge @ SFO. Would love to participate!
Old Mar 11, 18, 4:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
That is a TERRIBLE deal!!! $39 for ten photos. I would prefer to speak directly to the airline operator and get the necessary permissions.

be very aware people that these type of photos have a commercial value way beyond what they are offering.

My work is sold through Getty and i can tell you now that the right image to the right client would be worth a tidy sum.
Old Mar 11, 18, 5:54 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by TographerE View Post
That is a TERRIBLE deal!!! $39 for ten photos. I would prefer to speak directly to the airline operator and get the necessary permissions.

be very aware people that these type of photos have a commercial value way beyond what they are offering.

My work is sold through Getty and i can tell you now that the right image to the right client would be worth a tidy sum.
Sounds like they are looking for non-professionals who might have some nice hobby photos and would like to make a couple bucks while seeing their by-line somewhere. I would never do this and agree that some would have a lot more value in our images but we aren't their demographic.
Old Mar 12, 18, 12:49 am

I think it's better people know that this is a bad deal. That the value of images is a lot more than what's being offered here.
Old Mar 12, 18, 12:33 pm

I also sell through Getty and I don't think this is a TERRIBLE deal. I don't think you'll be able to earn $39 on Getty selling these particular editorial photos (without releases).

Originally Posted by abmj-jr View Post
Sounds like they are looking for non-professionals who might have some nice hobby photos and would like to make a couple bucks while seeing their by-line somewhere. I would never do this and agree that some would have a lot more value in our images but we aren't their demographic.
I wouldn't go out of my way to do this but if convenient, I would.
Old Mar 12, 18, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I also sell through Getty and I don't think this is a TERRIBLE deal. I don't think you'll be able to earn $39 on Getty selling these particular editorial photos (without releases).

I wouldn't go out of my way to do this but if convenient, I would.
Don't be so sure of that. I have a portfolio of nearly 6000 images directly with Getty and have seen unreleased images sell for decent money.
Old Mar 12, 18, 1:14 pm

Don't be so sure of that. I have a portfolio of nearly 6000 images directly with Getty and have seen unreleased images sell for decent money.
Likewise, I have earn decent money selling editorial photos. Iím referring specifically to editorial photos of airport lounges. I donít think I can make more than $39 selling airport lounge photos...donít see the commercial value there.
Old Mar 12, 18, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post

Likewise, I have earn decent money selling editorial photos. Iím referring specifically to editorial photos of airport lounges. I donít think I can make more than $39 selling airport lounge photos...donít see the commercial value there.
It could be done if approached in the right way.

Search this Thread