FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Photography (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-photography-629/)
-   -   Hasselblad X1D 4116 Edition MF Camera (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-photography/1853679-hasselblad-x1d-4116-edition-mf-camera.html)

bulbmogul Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Hasselblad X1D 4116 Edition MF Camera

3 Attachment(s)
Has anyone else here picked up one of those new Hasselblad MF X1D Units? Mine just arrived this afternoon and looking forward to trying it out soon..

Attachment 36185

Attachment 36186

Attachment 36187

allset2travel Jul 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Congratulations for picking up the Hasselblad X1D 4116 Ed. ^

During the film days, I used a Hasselblad and loved it.

Medium format is great to have. Today, I usually supplement the lack of MF with multi-shot panorama.

Re: 50 MP file size, let us hear how you like and use such a large file size.
Appreciate you post some shots for us to enjoy. Thanks.

BTW, it does not seem to have 4k video?

The price tag scares me away :D

bthotugigem05 Jul 15, 2017 7:02 am

I've looked at it but I think Fuji stole some of it's thunder with their new DMF camera. Currently looking into the Phase One system but that goes against every bit of good sense I've ever had (which admittedly isn't much).

bulbmogul Jul 15, 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 28563271)
I've looked at it but I think Fuji stole some of it's thunder with their new DMF camera. Currently looking into the Phase One system but that goes against every bit of good sense I've ever had (which admittedly isn't much).

Can you explain to me what FUJI has stold from this new H1D Hasselblad..? I thought FUJI made outdated film and a few knockoff cameras..?

abmj-jr Jul 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul (Post 28564056)
Can you explain to me what FUJI has stold from this new H1D Hasselblad..? I thought FUJI made outdated film and a few knockoff cameras..?

You are really behind the curve. :)

https://fuji-x-secrets.net/2016/09/2...ifilm-gfx-50s/

tentseller Jul 15, 2017 2:27 pm

GX680 is a knock off of what?

anrkitec Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Can you explain to me what FUJI has stold from this new H1D Hasselblad..?

This comment makes no sense.

First, the H1D is in no way a "new" camera, though the H6D is fairly new.

Second, Fuji actually makes the Hasselblad H series of MF digital cameras and lenses. Fuji also made the Hasselblad X-Pan, which was just a rebadged Fuji TX1/2

The new X1D and lenses are assembled in Japan by Nittō Kōgaku.

I thought FUJI made outdated film and a few knockoff cameras..?

Today, Hasselblad - owned by Chinese drone maker Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd - is really more of a brand name/marketing company. While the H series cameras and lenses are world-class products they are, as noted above, made by Fuji, though the ridiculous Hasselblad "lifestyle" cameras are rebadged/repackaged Sonys.

Fuji makes the just-released, class-leading GSX-50 MF 50MP mirrorless ILC camera and lenses.

Fuji also make some the world's finest and most popular compact digital mirroless cameras and lenses, both fixed and ILC, e.g. X-100, X-Pro2, X-T2, etc.

DanielW Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by anrkitec (Post 28565187)
...though the ridiculous Hasselblad "lifestyle" cameras are rebadged/repackaged Sonys.

To be fair they stopped doing this two years ago.

bulbmogul Jul 16, 2017 2:03 am

Originally Posted by anrkitec (Post 28565187)
This comment makes no sense.

First, the H1D is in no way a "new" camera, though the H6D is fairly new.

Second, Fuji actually makes the Hasselblad H series of MF digital cameras and lenses. Fuji also made the Hasselblad X-Pan, which was just a rebadged Fuji TX1/2

The new X1D and lenses are assembled in Japan by Nittō Kōgaku.

Today, Hasselblad - owned by Chinese drone maker Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd - is really more of a brand name/marketing company. While the H series cameras and lenses are world-class products they are, as noted above, made by Fuji, though the ridiculous Hasselblad "lifestyle" cameras are rebadged/repackaged Sonys.

Fuji makes the just-released, class-leading GSX-50 MF 50MP mirrorless ILC camera and lenses.

Fuji also make some the world's finest and most popular compact digital mirroless cameras and lenses, both fixed and ILC, e.g. X-100, X-Pro2, X-T2, etc.

anrkitec Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by DanielW (Post 28565647)
To be fair they stopped doing this two years ago.

Hasselblad still deserves every bit of scorn and ridicule that comes their way for the Lunar, Lusso, Stellar, etc.

More penance is due the ghost of Victor Hasselblad. :D

bulbmogul Jul 17, 2017 4:52 am

Originally Posted by anrkitec (Post 28568316)
Hasselblad still deserves every bit of scorn and ridicule that comes their way for the Lunar, Lusso, Stellar, etc.

More penance is due the ghost of Victor Hasselblad. :D

Owning the new X1D is a beautiful thing that I can say..!

bulbmogul Jul 17, 2017 2:58 pm

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36420

Attachment 36421

Attachment 36422

Just added the new 90MM Lens to my 4116 KIT..

bthotugigem05 Jul 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Show us some pics!

bulbmogul Jul 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 28572277)
Show us some pics!

None of it is out of the boxes yet as I am still messing with my new LEICA's first then the Hasselblad will be next..! One at a time..:)