Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Repair/replace/upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Initial impressions of an admitted amateur after upgrading from D50 to D7500 (bought package with 70-300mm telephoto):
  • great photo quality
  • excellent low light photos
  • easy to transfer photos to phone (for social media posting) via SD card reader
  • Nikon smartbridge a complete disaster (well documented) - rarely works well via Bluetooth or WiFi
  • Controls are not intuitive and on screen help is mediocre - difficult to figure out even simple tasks like turning off flash
  • For travel photos a wide angle lens would be far more useful than the telephoto
Overall I am happy with the purchase though frustrated that I need a course just to understand how to use the camera. And disappointed with the poor quality of the Bluetooth/WiFi function - this is pretty basic tech on many devices that should not be difficult to implement
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
A while ago I traded in my D80 for a (used) D7000, net outlay 150€. The learning curve was very flat (I never had a D50, but I'm surprised that Boraxo saw such a stark difference between the D50 and D7500)

The obvious upside of the upgrade (an upgrade it was) that I could continue to use all my glasses, flashes and miscellaneous other detritus in the camera bag The photographic experience was not earth shockingly different, rather incremental.

(my biggest issue is that I bought a Sony R100-III and it provides very similar results in a pocketable form. Of course it's a fixed 3x lens, so no match for my range of 10,5-100mm fast lenses for the Nikon)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.