Drone photography

Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:30 am

[QUOTE=bthotugigem05;28419660]I use a Phantom 4 Pro and absolutely love it.

Good clicks!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, HERTZ PC
Sweet
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
So.... finally bought a Mavic Pro. Super excited for when it arrives this weekend. Any recommendations for filters and accessories for videography/stills? I bought it refurbished so all the Fly More stuff wasn't included. I'm gonna stop at Best Buy today and pick up at least one extra battery and some props.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
So.... finally bought a Mavic Pro. Super excited for when it arrives this weekend. Any recommendations for filters and accessories for videography/stills? I bought it refurbished so all the Fly More stuff wasn't included. I'm gonna stop at Best Buy today and pick up at least one extra battery and some props.
The new low noise props are a good deal, lower noise and slightly increase battery life: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-...arch-result-v2

A good ND and/or CPL is a must during sunny days since the lens is fixed at f2.2. I use a cheap chinese CPL but want to upgrade to the Polar Pro filters: https://www.polarprofilters.com/coll...ter-collection

If you're taking it travelling, these are really good. Pretty sturdy and protect it very well: https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Cont...7897552&sr=8-9
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
The new low noise props are a good deal, lower noise and slightly increase battery life: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-...arch-result-v2

A good ND and/or CPL is a must during sunny days since the lens is fixed at f2.2. I use a cheap chinese CPL but want to upgrade to the Polar Pro filters: https://www.polarprofilters.com/coll...ter-collection

If you're taking it travelling, these are really good. Pretty sturdy and protect it very well: https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Cont...7897552&sr=8-9
Fantastic, thanks! Just picked up the propellers and case. I'll get some filters but probably going to get some cheaper filters first. Little hard to swallow $80 for the Polar Pros after the initial purchase.

I'm guessing this is different for you living in Dubai, but did you insure your drone? State Farm here in the US offers it as part of a personal articles policy for $60/year which seems like a better deal than the one from DJI.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Fantastic, thanks! Just picked up the propellers and case. I'll get some filters but probably going to get some cheaper filters first. Little hard to swallow $80 for the Polar Pros after the initial purchase.

I'm guessing this is different for you living in Dubai, but did you insure your drone? State Farm here in the US offers it as part of a personal articles policy for $60/year which seems like a better deal than the one from DJI.
No insurance, although no crashes yet after 2000+ks.
Ive got a single CPL I bought for $20. Only issue is its slightly too big, i.e. it touches the side of the gimbal arm when it rotates/calibrates when you turn the Mavic on, hence have to take it off and put it back on whenever you change the battery. The PolarPro ones are quite slim so you can leave them on without any issues. Apparently the DJI ones are quite fragile and break very easily.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:22 am

At Al Rabha, Abu Dhabi in the weekend:

Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Luckily no crashes here either, although I did do some impromptu tree trimming at one point with my P4 Pro. Not really sure how I haven't crashed it yet, one of my favorite things to do with it is fly as fast as I can like 3 feet above a lake in the morning.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:31 pm

The Mavic has been great so far! Very happy with the purchase. I'm still getting a hang of flying it (in a cinematic manner that is) and have been playing around with the settings.

I thought this was a log at first and that it would be interesting to do a sweeping panning up shot above the water. I got closer and realized it wasn't a log. Don't mind the poor lighting and horrifying noise... didn't have time to set the camera to manual before it swam away.

cubbie likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
My first drone panorama, took a while to get looking right in Photoshop since the lens was pointed down a bit but I'm happy with it overall!

cubbie likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I almost got myself a Karma drone with my new GoPro Hero 6 which would only have worked out at $200 more than a camera and gimble in the current sale, but drone use is illegal in the country I live and most places I spend time on holidays on appear to have really over the top regulations making it in practice unworkable
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:06 am

Which drone would you guys recommend for backpack-travel?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Better Travel Together
The most obvious question is what do you want to do with it? There are lots of pretty amazing cheap selfie drones now on the market that in many ways are much better for backpacking (i.e. they're light and small), but you won't get professional quality photo output.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:12 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I use a Phantom 4 Pro and absolutely love it.

Amazing clicks.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ G, CI Em, QF G
Originally Posted by Better Travel Together
Mavic Pro, I don't think anything else comes close for the size that it can pack down to - Mavic with 5 batteries, filters and controller fits in a bag that is smaller than a Phantom or Solo on their own, let alone batteries and everything else.

I made the switch to it and describe it as "Now my drone fits in my carry-on luggage, beforehand, the drone _was_ my carry on luggage" (and you're hoping they don't check the weight)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.