Photos without People

Old Dec 11, 16, 10:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Photos without People

Anyone else get aggravated when you're unable to get pictures without an endless stream of people? I know I shouldn't get mad b/c other people have just as much right to see things as I do but I still get frustrated.

I basically always try to arrive at a place first even if I need to wake up at the crack of dawn.
Old Dec 11, 16, 11:09 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
If the site you visit is outdoors, you will get better images very early anyway. As close to sunrise as possible works better for land-, city- or seascapes. Or close to sunset but there will be more people then.

My solo visits to new locations tend to have me out of the hotel before sunrise, shoot for a couple of hours, grab some breakfast and then back to the hotel for a nap before heading back out an hour or so before sundown to shoot some more until well after dark.

Admittedly, that won't work for most vacation travel but you certainly don't have to shoot around as many tourists.
Old Dec 12, 16, 2:27 am

Programs: MP
Just a suggestion:

If you don't mind doing extra processing work and have time and tripod, there are things you could do.

You could try putting your camera on a tripod, and take multiple photos on them and do median combine to completely eliminate all the crowd out. However, this works best when your location is like, say, a plaza with relatively few people who do not stay in the same spot very often. Less than ideal situation also works, but YMMV.

Search this Thread