Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7D or Nex5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

7D or Nex5

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to las vegas with a bonus to mt zion.

I have both bodies listed above with an assortment of lenses for both bodies too.

I'm sooooo tempted to only bring the next, with kit lense along with the 55-210 (I think that's the size) lenses along w/the MacBook to make for ease of maneuverability.

Am I gonna regret NOT bringing the 7d? Anyone else in the same predicament?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:38 am

Take the NEX. I have been happy enough with the NEX range of cameras that I no longer use a DSLR camera anymore. With that said I am at best, an amateur photographer but it suits my needs fine.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
I switched from the full DSLR rig to an NEX system for travel 3 years ago and was amazed by how much easier it was hauling the gear through airports, hotels and such. I dumped the NEX in favor of an Olympus OMD system because I needed the weather-proofing and better view finder but have stayed with a smaller, lighter mirror-less system and will never go back to traveling with all that extra weight. My images have never suffered any perceived decrease in image quality and my back loves me.

Take the NEX and be happy.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

k done and sold...i'll be putting in my 'personal item hand carry' the next 5, kit lense and that 5x-2xx lense, charger, and MacBook.......

and the rei wheely beast 22" for the regular hand carry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.