Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Favorite YouTube Channels for Camera Reviews?

Old Apr 23, 13, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

For the longest time, I stuck to reading reviews on Amazon and blogs when researching electronics purchases like cameras. I'm just used to reading and treated YouTube like MTV.

A couple years ago, I discovered watching product reviews on YouTube. At the time, I was looking for a USB microphone and wanted to hear how different mics sounded. (FYI, I chose the Editors Keys SL150 and am happy with it.)

Getting back to the point, I wondered if any FlyerTalkers had favorite "go to" YouTube channels for camera reviews?

Here's a video off LearningDSLRVideo to kick things off:

Top 4 Camera Review Channels on YouTube
Old Apr 23, 13, 5:37 pm

I like DigitalRev TV https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalRevCom, which is fourth on the list you linked.
They have fun reviews and playtesting that often go beyond the specs and comparisons. Their Canon 7D durability test was more useful than I anticipated.
Old Apr 23, 13, 5:59 pm

Programs: *G
Cant recommend Digital Rev. Their reviews have no substance, and there's little entertainment value as i find their humor crass.

1. For straight-up informative, concise, and relevant reviews: DigiDirectTV. And, the sample photos actually have artistic qualities, to give the review merit. Unlike many other reviewis (Digital Rev especially)

2. The DigiDirectTV presenter covers more camera gear on his personal channel Blunty3000

3. Finally, TheCameraStoreTV is quite good. Less straight-to-the-point than DigiDirect but still an enjoyable watch.

Phillip Bloom is really comprehensive but he covers more video gear than still photo
Old Apr 24, 13, 2:41 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
It is not Youtube but I pay attention to Dpreview reviews for completeness.

Digital Rev is really only good for a laugh or two if you enjoy crass humor. The Canon 7D destruction derby was a hoot and a half. Kai, on the other hand, is usually just annoying.
Old Apr 25, 13, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
I like Steve Huff's channel. Very professional and hands on with a personal touch. Some good recent reviews of some smaller cameras like the Fuji X100s.