Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Processing Sony ARW Raw Files

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Processing Sony ARW Raw Files

I took the Sony Nex7 rental to Yellowstone this weekend, and from what I can see on the preview screen, the photos look amazing.

Now I have a problem - my version of Adobe Lightroom (2+) does not support Sony ARW files even with the new Camera Raw installed. I have Photoshop CS5, but processing 300+ pictures through that system one at a time is going to be torture.

I've heard terrible things about Sony's own RAW processing software - short of spending big $$ to buy Lightroom 4+, are there any free (even trial) options to process these images? I don't need fancy workflows, but the ability to quickly manually modify for color correction, etc before processing out to JPG
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:10 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I've always used LR, currently on 3.6 and I have no idea what software came with my a850...I know this isn't informative, but it might be worth it to purchase LR. Or suffer through it with CS5. I would use bridge, see what shots I liked, create a batch to export to jpg, go through those and pick out the few that I would want to touch up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.