Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

canon turn LCD screen on

canon turn LCD screen on

Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

canon turn LCD screen on

we have a canon T1 and a D7. is there some way to use the lcd screen for focus for either of them? neither seem to go on other that to show what we missed, or wish to erase. there certainly is nothing we can find in the manual that has an instruction"turn lcd screen on by twisting this knob, or punching this button".
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:19 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
My T2 has a button up by the viewfinder that has a camera icon on it and that's what switches it to the LCD view for me. Not sure if it's the same on the T1, but you may want to check...
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:24 pm

t1 does not have live view. Can't use the lcd to focus.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klevin99
t1 does not have live view. Can't use the lcd to focus.
great excuse for upgrade. since today is father's day, i'm out to get the latest tXXX whatever it is.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slawecki
great excuse for upgrade. since today is father's day, i'm out to get the latest tXXX whatever it is.
Do you mean t1i? If so the button is below AV button.

This picture shows the button. It has a red dot in the center

Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

you're right. if i put the camera in P OR AV, AND punch the button i get a live screen.

http://slawecki.com/Bluebirds/#single:P1070499.JPG

this is the little girl. she is a female promontory warbler. they are quite uncommon. this was taken with a panasonic dslr. hope to do better with one of the canons, if i can get them to focus.

Last edited by slawecki; Jun 17, 2012 at 11:10 am
Old Jun 17, 2012, 1:40 pm

You're right. I was thinking of my old xti, which I gave to my daughter so I could upgrade to a t2i. The her camera was stolen, so we both have a t21. Now the new t4i has caught my eye. Maybe costco will have a deal together with the new lens next year.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by klevin99
You're right. I was thinking of my old xti, which I gave to my daughter so I could upgrade to a t2i. The her camera was stolen, so we both have a t21. Now the new t4i has caught my eye. Maybe costco will have a deal together with the new lens next year.
It has caught my eye too but I wanted to wait and see how well the live view focus is. If it does not work well I may still try to find a 60D at a good cost.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:20 pm

live view focus on my t2i is terrible. but it is great for manual focus with macro shots. It has a 10x zoom, so you can really see how well you focused. I suspect your camera has the same feature. You zoom with the button in the upper right with the + below it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.