Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nikon F5?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I skipped the F5 and went from an F4 to and F6. I really like the F6, the AF is excellent, and Nikon's matrix metering can't be beat. I think its the ultimate film SLR.

I wouldn't consider an F series as an alternative to a D series camera and vice versa. They do different things and serve different needs. Personally, I don't have much need for digital output, and the few frames that I may need to digitize I can run through a coolscan. It's been well over a year since I've needed to though.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Photonerd71
I went to a local camera store here in Houston
Which one? I have had mixed results at Houston Camera Exchange
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by ~tc~
Which one? I have had mixed results at Houston Camera Exchange

That's the one. I just found it on the internet a few weeks ago. BB, Ritz (and wolf) all seemed about worthless. I have learned to avoid going on a saturday though from now on. It is packed and can hardly move without bumping into 16 people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.