Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

OT: good Travel Reads, Pet related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:07 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Well, most of us travel, some of us a lot and we are looking for a great read when on the plane or stuck in an airport terminal

jennj99738 suggested maybe a new thread with books about Cats and Dogs and other pets that would be good for travel. Good idea Jen. (and hopefully keeping the thread travel focused)

Let me start with:

"Dewry the Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World" by Vicki Myron.

Feel free to post your reading suggestions here. Think it could be a great thread.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:50 am

Thanks, Catman, for starting the thread. And I will recommend Dog Days by Jon Katz. I also downloaded Izzy & Lenore from audible.com to listen to on my iPod for my next trip. Katz has written a number of books about his life on the farm, particularly his animals. See http://www.bedlamfarm.com

However, my most favorite book about dogs is A Dog's Life by Peter Mayle. It's written from the perspective of the dog and takes place in Provence. What more could you want in any book, let alone a travel book!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The Hidden Life Of Dogs by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas.
What a wonderful book!
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Life-El.../dp/0671517007

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.