Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Pet Airways: An Airline for Pets

Pet Airways: An Airline for Pets

Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by frogface63
I searched for Pet Air but didn't find anything, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. Has anyone flown their pets using Pet Air? Any good or bad experiences to report? They seem a bit expensive but if it's a better experience for my dog then I'd consider it.
I have merged your thread with the existing one on this topic.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:10 pm

Flying your pets...

http://www.petairways.com/

Can someone explain how this business will succeed? Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

Welcome to Flyertalk, Mathren. There is a Travel With Pets Forum and this topic has been discussed. I am going to move your thread to that Forum. Please note, that a Moderator of Travel With Pets may merge your thread to an existing thread discussing your topic.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Thumbs up Pet Airways Starts Flying Today.

For those of you that have big pets or multiple pets they now have Pet Airways. It starts flying today out of Hawthorne, Ca airport (a small muni) and it makes several stops on it's way to NY. It is only for pets no humans and they are in carriers in the cabin...not the cargo hold. On the stops they walk the dogs and they are taken care of during the flight including food and water.

They are fully booked for the next 2 months.

Pretty cool!! http://petairways.com

Last edited by wingless; Jul 14, 2009 at 11:31 am
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:58 am

I'm pretty sure they started in NY, and are going to CA?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SUB1101
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:56 am

double post

Sorry
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
I'm pretty sure they started in NY, and are going to CA?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SUB1101
I don't know I just know that I was watching my local news and they said that it was starting that day and they were Live from Hawthorne's airport.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by wingless
I don't know I just know that I was watching my local news and they said that it was starting that day and they were Live from Hawthorne's airport.
Confirmed in an article that they started in NY. This is the correct flight track.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Confirmed in an article that they started in NY. This is the correct flight track.
Ok...I thought you were asking me a question not a statement because of the question mark at the end of the statement.

Any who...it started yesterday.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by wingless
Ok...I thought you were asking me a question not a statement because of the question mark at the end of the statement.

Any who...it started yesterday.
I did mean it as a question. Since you weren't sure, I found the article.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

saw this on msnbc.com tonight:

A trip from New York to Los Angeles, for example, will take about 24 hours. On that route, pets will stop in Chicago, have a bathroom break, play time, dinner, and bunk for the night before finishing the trip the next day.

That doesn't sound too bad.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
saw this on msnbc.com tonight:

A trip from New York to Los Angeles, for example, will take about 24 hours. On that route, pets will stop in Chicago, have a bathroom break, play time, dinner, and bunk for the night before finishing the trip the next day.

Yeah, sounds about the same length of time as a transcon on US without the free dinner and bunk for the night.

I perceive a problem with Pet Airways (in addition to the price although price is no object to many pet owners) is the inconvenience factor of driving to an unfamiliar airport and having to return to another inconvenient airport to pick the pet up on the other end after the human has reached his destination a day earlier.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Actually, Hawthorne Airport is only a few minutes away from LAX. That wouldn't seem to be a great inconvenience for the 2 legged pax meeting the 4 legged pax.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 4:15 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
Any one have any experiences to share about this? We'd love to take our dog to CA but won't put her down below. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: Continental, Starwoods, Intercontinental, Marriott

Personally, I think this sounds horrible. The problem my dog has with flying is the departure and landing when there is pressure on his ears. During the actual flying he just sleeps. So there is no way I would put him through two flights back to back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.