Pet Friendly Hotels

Old Oct 15, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
The Radisson Detroit - Livonia in the western suburbs accepts pets with a deposit and has some pet packages with doggie bones - cute stuff when I stayed there recently!
http://www.radisson.com/hotels/milivoni
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
For a great boutique hotel experience in New York City that us uber pet friendly try the Tribecca Grand or the Soho Grand hotels.

I have stayed with them several times over the last few years, and when I was on an extended assignment in NYC a few years ago, my wife and the dog joined me for several weeks.

From the Tribecca Grand's
FAQ...
Are you a pet friendly hotel? If so, what kinds of pets do you allow?
Yes! Humans aren’t the only guests treated to all the luxuries that Tribeca Grand provides. We allow domesticated pets that are trained and well-behaved. If travelers cannot bring their pets, we offer a goldfish companion for the duration of their stay.

What are the pet amenities and services offered by the hotel?
Upon request, we can have your guestroom set up with pet bed, food and water bowls, and treats -- at no extra cost. We also loan kennels and pet beds of various sizes, food and water bowls, and kitty litter boxes. Along with complimentary treats at the front desk, we also provide a pet food menu through room service. We can also arrange for pet sitters, dog walkers, pet spas (all grooming done off property) and veterinary care through our Concierge team.
The doormen absolutley doted on our mutt, and they usually had milkbones in their jacket pockets to give to the pooch when we returned from walks or shopping.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The Hampton Inn, Pittsburgh, PA/University Center is pet friendly. The only problem with the hotel and location is that it lacks a good area in which to take a dog to do their business.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Hey All,

Little favor: when you post the pet-friendly hotels, can you also list whether they have a QUANTITY limitation (if known)? I have 3 English Setters, and some hotels have a limit of 1 or 2 dogs.

Luckily, they look somewhat alike, so I can usually get them all into the room and then when we go for walkies one at a time, nobody knows any better
Old Nov 27, 2008, 9:02 am
Suspended

Very good point.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by brandinius2
Hey All,

Little favor: when you post the pet-friendly hotels, can you also list whether they have a QUANTITY limitation (if known)? I have 3 English Setters, and some hotels have a limit of 1 or 2 dogs.

Luckily, they look somewhat alike, so I can usually get them all into the room and then when we go for walkies one at a time, nobody knows any better
That's a good point--with only one dog, I didn't think about that, but I have noticed some hotels post a limit on pets in a room, along with size restrictions.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:54 pm
chs

spg dog friendly but not in Kauai

I haven't actually called, but the websites for both the Poipu Sheraton and the Princeville Westin say no pets (only service animals) allowed.

This despite SPG promoting themselves as pet friendly. I do believe at least the W in Honolulu does have a pampered dog program thing.
I'd go to the hotels for a getaway weekend if I could bring the "kids" (there are great kama'aina packages - one called the biggivehawaii to benefit the local food banks going on right now) but not worth it if I can't bring the dogs.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Red face I really Like Loews!!

As, You can tell from their website, Loews is a class act all around. I wish they were in more areas, but I think there pet program is very innovative; I wish more hotel chains were the same.@:-):-:

Loews Loves PetsLoews has the most pet friendly hotels around, and you'll realize it from the moment you and your pet check in. All pets receive their own gifts including a pet tag, bowl and a special treat to start their vacation. Owners receive a detailed brochure with information on hotel pet services -- such as our Loews Loves Pets room service menu, local dog walking routes, and area pet services, including veterinarians, pet shops, groomers, and much more. Additional items available for guests with pets include dog and cat beds (different sizes), leashes and collars (different sizes), rawhide bones, catnip, scratch pole, litter boxes and litter, pooper scoopers. We pay special attention to our guest rooms which accommodate pets by conducting extra thorough cleaning. Loews Hotels charge a one-time fee of $25 per stay.

Note: Loews Hotels limits the number of pets to two per room and in the hotel overall. Loews Hotels takes all necessary measures to ensure the safety and comfort of all hotel guests and pets.

For a complete list of our pet policies,

Thank you for choosing to visit Loews Hotels with your pet(s). It is our intent to provide you
with not only a wonderful and enjoyable stay, but also a safe one. For the comfort and safety
of all guests and pets, we kindly request that all pet owners act responsibly with their pets.
Please read, adhere and agree to the following hotel pet policies.
�� Your pet(s) should have all recommended vaccinations currently up-to-date, and you
agree to obtain and provide current records from a licensed veterinarian regarding
your pet(s) should Loews Hotels request this information from you at any time.
�� Loews Hotels charges a one time $25 cleaning fee for a pet in your room.
�� Loews Hotels allows a maximum of two pets per room.
�� Pets should be leashed or restrained at all times in public spaces in the hotel or on
the property.
�� Pets should be supervised at all times while in the hotel or on the property. You have
been provided with a list of local pet sitting services which can be arranged for you
through the hotels concierge. Since these services are not provided by Loews Hotels
we can not be held responsible for any pet service engaged by you.
�� A $10 per hour time out fee is assessed by Loews Hotels if a pet is left unattended
and needs to be removed from a guestroom.
�� Guests should display the special Loews Loves Pets Do Not Disturb sign to alert
housekeeping that a pet is in residence.
�� Pets are not allowed in food & beverage, pool or fitness center areas.
�� Guests are responsible for pet waste clean-up inside the hotel and throughout the
property grounds.
�� Guests are responsible for all personal injuries and/or property damage related to
their pet(s).
�� Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Loews Hotels, the hotel, its operators
and owners and their respective affiliates from all liability and/or damage suffered as
a result of their pet(s).
�� Loews Hotels reserves the right to remove guests whose pets are deemed noisy or
disruptive.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Not sure if this even alive anymore but..

Anybody know of a good hotel in Las Vegas that allows dogs?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
To my surprise (just stayed there in January and researched this thoroughly), they mostly do, but monetize this dearly.

The Vdara is very dog-friendly and even has its own well-kept dog park. But their $75 per night pet fee is way outside of what I consider acceptable.

The Caesars properties all allow dogs, but make dog owners book a "PetStay" room with varying price premiums over standard rooms. The Cromwell charged ~$30 per night more for this.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Cypress Inn, Carmel California

Most Dog friendly hotel ever. This may be too obvious to mention to a group of dog travelers.
Dog friendly dining in the USA usually means eating outside. While an outside courtyard is available, it is also easy to eat inside with the grow ups.
The division between dining room, bar and lobby is soft. I assume they technically consider part of the dining area to be lobby, and open to pets, but it includes the best seats in the house.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AA PLT
Other Sheratons also not pet friendly

Originally Posted by chs
I haven't actually called, but the websites for both the Poipu Sheraton and the Princeville Westin say no pets (only service animals) allowed.

This despite SPG promoting themselves as pet friendly. I do believe at least the W in Honolulu does have a pampered dog program thing.
I'd go to the hotels for a getaway weekend if I could bring the "kids" (there are great kama'aina packages - one called the biggivehawaii to benefit the local food banks going on right now) but not worth it if I can't bring the dogs.
It's not just Kauai. The Sheraton located on the northern edge of Columbus, OH is definitely NOT pet friendly, and they said that the hotels were individually owned and policies therefore varied.

Anyway, my husband and I join the snowbird migration from the Northeast to Arizona every year with a dog (or 2), and usually use the AAA Trip Book to find a pet friendly hotel when we're a few hours away from where we want to stop for the night. La Quinta and Drury Inns are always pet friendly (no fee), and while not luxurious, they are certainly good enough for a one night stay! Hampton Inns vary. But with a Sheraton, always call to ask.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:29 pm

Interesting, we stay at SPG nowadays almost exclusivity because their dog-friendly policy (and no fees). I know the luxury collection and resorts usually are excluded in the list but most are dog friendly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.