Pet Friendly Hotels

Old May 13, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
Originally Posted by essxjay
Marriott's Residence Inn and TownePlace properties are pet-friendly across the brand, while other Marriott properties have ad hoc policies. Pet fees vary wildly. Some properties charge so much per night ($10-25), some charge per stay ($75-100). Some properties are not only pet-friendly, they offer pet promos!
As a frequent Marriott stayer, its funny how they implement the "less is more" policy...
  • their higher line Courtyard, Marriott and JW lines generally do NOT allow pets (esp in US, where they've gone 100% smoke free). Residence Inn, Candlewood etc are more accomodating.
  • Free internet usually stops with Courtyard, full-service and premium lines charge for it.

Go figure...
Old May 24, 2008, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The Wyndham in Reading, PA is pet-friendly, with a $50/stay fee. However, they did leave a welcome snack for Cobaka as well, and even spelled her name correctly.

The Hampton Inn & Suites, Baltimore Inner Harbor is EXTREMELY pet friendly--no pet fee. ^ Stayed there last night, and the valet even took Cobaka for a quick walk while I was unloading the luggage, so I wouldn't have to juggle both. All of the employees seemed to be dog lovers, and were more than willing to accommodate us with her.

I too have found that it's best to call hotels to verify their policies and find out the fee, as the websites aren't necessarily updated.
Old May 25, 2008, 9:29 pm

We've stayed at Four Seasons SF/Beverly Hills/NY/Aviara/Palo Alto/Santa Barbara, Ritz Carlton SF/Half Moon Bay and Raffles L'rmitage with our lab. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton didn't charge any fee but Raffles charged $115 pet fee.

Most of the above mentioned hotels had dog food bowl with treats and water for our dog when we checked in. We frequently stay at Four Seasons SF, and they actually have our dog as a frequent guest in the record.

I think Carmel is probably one the most dog friendly places in the country, and The Cypress Inn is where you'll see just as many dogs as human guests in the lobby.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Rarely do we travel with our pet that we need a hotel, because the endpoints are already arranged as a family thing and we're taking him to hang out with everyone. As we all know, unforunate things happen and we actually got stuck at DFW with him for two days in April with the AA MD-80 grounding. (Two hours earlier and we'd still have been on vacation, two hours later and we'd have already been in the air on the final leg.)

I can't speak for much beyond this, but the La Quinta DFW North was absolutely awesome about everything. They helped us go get animal supplies and everything we needed while being stuck. (We are careful to bring important things in carry-ons, but we didn't have a litter pan or litter. Didn't think we'd need it.) We were pointed to La Quinta by another passenger that was stuck when I was trying to work with the AA people to find a hotel room.

There was no pet surcharge on the bill, so I think it's just part of the standard room rate. Honestly, I didn't pay attention because it was just a crazy situation to try and find a pet-friendly room that we could use for an indeterminate amount of time.

Their official policies are here:
http://www.lq.com/lq/reservations/qu...av=reservation

I want to bring my pet. Will the hotel allow it?
Pets are welcome at most locations nationwide. Please review the property overview for individual hotel policies and when booking online, place a note in the "Special Requests" field of the customer information page indicating that you are traveling with a pet, if allowed. If pets are allowed at the desired location, let the Reservation Sales Agent or front desk Sales Representative know that you are traveling with a pet, when making your reservations by phone.
Everything ended up working out well and I'm making sure to keep them as a primary option if we're traveling with an animal and need a hotel.

(Thanks to TalkMail for having this thread.)
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
As I travel to Tahoe and the east coast with my pups, I've found the following resources quite helpful:

http://www.petfriendly.com/
http://www.dogfriendly.com/

There are probably others I've used, but those two are the ones I return to most often.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:53 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
In Tahoe, I know the Montbleu Resort has a pet package:

Bleu Ribbon Pet Package
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Delta Airport Hotel (YVR) in Richmond, B.C. accepts pets for a $35. fee. The staff seems quite pet friendly and Chica usually has a gift wrapped package of treats waiting for her. Now if Alaska would only give miles for pets!!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by StSebastian
Rarely do we travel with our pet that we need a hotel, because the endpoints are already arranged as a family thing and we're taking him to hang out with everyone. As we all know, unforunate things happen and we actually got stuck at DFW with him for two days in April with the AA MD-80 grounding. (Two hours earlier and we'd still have been on vacation, two hours later and we'd have already been in the air on the final leg.)

I can't speak for much beyond this, but the La Quinta DFW North was absolutely awesome about everything. They helped us go get animal supplies and everything we needed while being stuck. (We are careful to bring important things in carry-ons, but we didn't have a litter pan or litter. Didn't think we'd need it.) We were pointed to La Quinta by another passenger that was stuck when I was trying to work with the AA people to find a hotel room.

There was no pet surcharge on the bill, so I think it's just part of the standard room rate. Honestly, I didn't pay attention because it was just a crazy situation to try and find a pet-friendly room that we could use for an indeterminate amount of time.

Their official policies are here:
http://www.lq.com/lq/reservations/qu...av=reservation

Everything ended up working out well and I'm making sure to keep them as a primary option if we're traveling with an animal and need a hotel.

(Thanks to TalkMail for having this thread.)
I was going to mention La Quinta as well. It's certainly on the lower-budget end of the scale, but my DH and I often take road trips. If it is a long trip, we don't always plan where we will stop for the night. We have generally had good luck with La Quintas accepting the dogs - some don't charge a fee and others are usually fairly reasonable.

The main problem we run into in general when traveling with the dogs is that some hotels accept dogs 25 (or 20) pounds or less only. We have one that is about 35 pounds and the other is 70-ish, but both are well-behaved, don't bark (unless neighbors are loud or kids are running up and down the hall), and don't damage hotel rooms.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: UA, DL, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kipper
However, they did leave a welcome snack for Cobaka as well, and even spelled her name correctly.
One of our cats is named кошка What kind of dog is собака?

Oh, and so as to add value to this conversation. We're planning to stay with кошка at the Fair Lakes (Fairfax VA) Residence Inn. 150 USD per stay, which works out pretty nicely because we'll be there for two months...

Last edited by AnAmericanIn; Jun 5, 2008 at 10:50 am Reason: adding value :)
Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:54 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by Comicwoman
Kimpton Hotels even offer (IIRC) dog biscuits.
We stayed at Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, MA this past weekend while I had a Board Meeting. They allow pets.... and will even loan you a Goldfish for your stay if you want....

This weekend they also were sponsoring a Dog Bath outside the hotel... and there must have been 40 dogs in the hotel.

Amazing to see how many people do travel with their pets... even for just a weekend.

William
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
We stayed at Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, MA this past weekend while I had a Board Meeting. They allow pets.... and will even loan you a Goldfish for your stay if you want....

This weekend they also were sponsoring a Dog Bath outside the hotel... and there must have been 40 dogs in the hotel.

Amazing to see how many people do travel with their pets... even for just a weekend.

William
Did they charge you some sort of pet fee for the stay?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:57 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Did they charge you some sort of pet fee for the stay?
While I do not have a dog, they do not charge any additional fees for having an animal in your room.

I just called to confirm.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by AnAmericanIn
One of our cats is named кошка What kind of dog is собака?

Oh, and so as to add value to this conversation. We're planning to stay with кошка at the Fair Lakes (Fairfax VA) Residence Inn. 150 USD per stay, which works out pretty nicely because we'll be there for two months...
собака is part Siberian Husky, part lab, part German Shepherd. We have a few photos of her here. Those were taken the first morning after we adopted her. She's now no longer so skinny. She looked emaciated when we adopted her, and the vet said she could stand to gain some weight. She's now gained about 15 pounds.

The Hampton Inn Monroeville/Pittsburgh, PA is pet-friendly, for dogs up to 30 pounds. No pet deposit or fee. For dogs like собака, who are over 30 pounds, it's a "Dogs up to 30 pounds, wink, wink." When I brought her in last night, the one employee offered to take her for a walk around the hotel to calm her down some--she gets very excited when we're in a new place, but once we get to our room, and she explores it, she calms down.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:00 am

I use to be almost exclusive to Hyatts and Park Hyatt Hotels, but found that they often do not allow dogs at all. The last three trips this year, we switched brands to Starwood where in most cases do not charge for dogs at all. I think they assigned us the "dog room", but as far as I could tell, are just as good as the regular rooms.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:56 pm

Another Pittsburgh area hotel that allows pets at no fee is the Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.