Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Sherpa & other brand carryon bags

Sherpa & other brand carryon bags

Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
Originally Posted by 318i
Looking for recommendations for an approved pet carrier for a 20 lb dog (doxie/Manchester terroir mix) that we will be flying in-cabin with us this month. Seems to be hundreds of types out there... Looking for something reasonably priced that's comfortable for our dog and can be ordered online. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Look at the Large SturdiBag. If he can't stand up and turn around in that bag, he's probably too big for carry-on travel. If he can stand and turn in the Sturdi, here's a tip. The bottom "base" board is removable. Take it out, and cut an inch off of the length, then replace it in it's little zipper slot. This makes the hard, non-flexible part of the base 17 inches long instead of 18, which satisfies more airlines' specifications. I also remove the inner pad... sure it's nice and soft, but it's also taking up a lot of space, and it gets really hot.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
In-cabin pet kennels

Mrs. Laughinlab and I are traveling this weekend ORD-DEN and will be traveling with our 6-lb. Shih-poo. I've already called ahead and the dog is "ticketed" both ways, but United said we needed to have a flexible in-cabin pet kennel as well... any recommendations or suggestions from the FT community on the best product and where to find it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Oct 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm Reason: merged into exiting thread on the subject
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Great topic for FT's Travel with Pets forum, will move this query for the experts to handle.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Sherpa pet products make excellent carriers. You probably want a medium, but maybe even a small would work. Most pet chains carry them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.