Wiki Posts
Search

Pets in Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2000, 1:09 pm
ckb
Original Poster

Pets in Hotels

Anyone had any experiences with pets staying in hotels, perhaps in the room next door -- good, bad or indifferent?
Old Jul 5, 2000, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
In continental Europe, dogs in hotels are quite common. You can leave your dog in the room if you wish to go out without him/her and the staff will take care of him. This is especially true in Paris.
Old Jul 5, 2000, 5:57 pm

I have found the Residence Inns to be very dog friendly. I stayed in the one in Richmond, VA for a week, and then I spent 3 months in the Atlanta Midtown -- both times with my Golden Retriever, Sammy. He was a perfect dog while I was at work, dinner, or out on the town. The staff at both places seemed to pay special attention to Sammy during our walks during the day. Highly Reccommned them, and now the stays count towards Marriott Elite status!

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 07-05-2000).]
Old Jul 6, 2000, 10:27 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lowes has a program called I love pets, or something like that! :0

Some of the "necessities" provided by hotels include a special room service menu that helps pets adjust to pet jet lag and altitude changes, dog & cat beds, leashes
and collars in various sizes, sundry pet toys, pooper scoopers & even "Do Not Disturb" signs showing a pet is in the room!
Old Jul 6, 2000, 12:02 pm

I can only think of one problem pet stay--and it certainly wasn't the fault of the dog. The folks staying next to me at the Austin HI last SXSW left their puppy alone for hours on end---I came in at about 2am to hear the poor thing crying and scratching the communal wall and generally sounding quite sad from both my room and the hallway.
I did call the desk because the poor thing broke my heart. The desk said they'd been up to check on similar reports almost hourly since 8pm.

But that's the only sad/bad pet story I have come across--most people I see bring pets into hotels aren't so heartless.
Old Jul 6, 2000, 2:28 pm

If you can affort it, all Fours Season Hotels permit dogs, subject to size limitations. Most will provide a bed, dishes, food, etc.

The property in Boston has a home made pet food menu in the room service directory. At the bottom it tells you to "paw" 5 on your telephone should you wish your pet walked.

------------------
speedbird001

[This message has been edited by speedbird001 (edited 07-06-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.